I have several questions about computer hardware.

ajy0903

Hello, everyone.

I have several questions about computer hardware.

1. What are the "PC Specification Requirements to play Blu-ray player" ?

2. Which one should I buy: "P35 Chipset equipped motherboard or X38 Chipset equipped motherboard

or later motherboard" ?

3. Which graphic card that will have average or high performances on both PC Gaming and Blu-ray

playback?

Please help me with this questions that I asked above.

I really appriciate it.

Thanks for reading this.

i would recommend at least a core 2 duo E4300 for BluRay playback. for a graphics card, most with hdcp compliancy will do. although most cards say hdcp compliant, only some have the actual chip onboard. most will work with a hdcp chip, but they aren't installed onto the card yet. the only ones i know of with the hdcp chip are the geforce 8400/8500/8600 series and the 8800GT (not sure about the 88GT though).

i would buy a P35 chipset motherboard, but that's just me. if you have the money for a X38 motherboard, and will be playing games at high resolutions, then get the X38, but for a general use machine, including bluray playback, i'd get a P35 motherboard. you can't laugh at the P35 in gaming anyway.

Edited by clidx

i would recommend at least a core 2 duo E4300 for BluRay playback. for a graphics card, most with hdcp compliancy will do. although most cards say hdcp compliant, only some have the actual chip onboard. most will work with a hdcp chip, but they aren't installed onto the card yet. the only ones i know of with the hdcp chip are the geforce 8400/8500/8600 series and the 8800GT (not sure about the 88GT though).

i would buy a P35 chipset motherboard, but that's just me. if you have the money for a X38 motherboard, and will be playing games at high resolutions, then get the X38, but for a general use machine, including bluray playback, i'd get a P35 motherboard. you can't laugh at the P35 in gaming anyway.

Thanks for reply me.

I really appriciate it.

1. Well there is no real limit but in terms of playing blu-ray movies on a computer you will need something close to around 500mhz. This is me guessing from my time laying DVD on my computer.

However nowadays most people will say you will need at least 1Ghz. About memory you will need at least 256Mb but most people will say 1Gig.

I say 1Ghz since playing HD video clips on my PC is slow.

2. It does not matter when running Blu-ray to buy a chipset. In terms of speed go with the faster one but it will not make a diffrence. I would take any chipset I could get my hands on.

3. Most of any recent cards will give you a smooth playback. I am talking about G4 cards since the X-box was released. These Newer cards seems to make playback super smooth on most machines even ones under 1Ghz. Those cards now

go for less then 9.99 in the right places.

Alos in terms of movies and games it is probably just cheaper to buy a PS3 and fiddle around with it but of course I am not talking about running blu-ray games on PC.

Edited by Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa

A typical blue ray drive:

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option...mp;limitstart=1

its manufacturer recommended specs:

Pentium 4 2.0GHz or faster CPU and 512MB or higher RAM are required> 30GB HDD available capacity

For High Definition BD Playback & Authoring: ( Only Windows XP SP2 ) (*2)

Pentium D 3.4GHz or faster CPU and 1GB or higher RAM are required

HDCP capable graphics card with 256MB RAM, PCI Express x16, 1920x1200 resolution, 32bit color

GPU : nVidia GeForce 6600GT / 7600GT / 7800GTX512 / 7900GX2 / 7900GTX / 7950GX2

and ATI X1600 / X1800 / X1900 series are recommended

> 60GB HDD available capacity

HDCP capable Monitor or TV for High Definition digital output

Personally, I wouldn't even attempt HD playback on a machine lower than 2.4Ghz(single core) I have not built a machine that plays HD/Blue myself -thats just a guesstimate based on my experience with DVD playback at high resolutions

As for chipset, id say look for a P35 but if you can find a X38 that meets your specs without breaking the bank, then go for it

Video card would have to be a Geforce 7 series minimum for playback 8 series for newer games (and DX10) as for ATi, you could pay me enough to use one(terrible service experience) so i cant recommend one beyond the manufacturers specs