Need Help with nlite 1.41, please~~

oscar734

Thanks for the great work, nlite is really amazing, cool!!

I attached my setting, hopefully it will help.

Here comes my problems:

1) iTune 7.50 cannot start, nothing shows up~~~quicktime player is good (they come together, which totally dont like that~~). and when i open itune, and windows task manager, it is running, but nothing shows up on the screen, anything wrong with my changes??

2)"Update for Windows XP (KB934238)

This update contains improvements to the printing components on your system and to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed. "

cannot be installed. Installation Failure ,Error Code: 0x80242006 .

3)Is there any way to integrate Net Framework 1.1, 2. 3 ??? they are like 150 MB more, and eveytime need to update them, takes a while~~

4)I integrated wmp11, and in multimedia section, there are windows media player and windows media player 6.4, can i remove them too??

Thanks for the help!!!

LAST_SESSION.INI

First, you are removing too much stuffs in Keep or Remove additional stuffs, some of those files are maybe needed by Itunes. I see that you mostly remove fonts, but there is also a few .dll files, which Itunes maybe need. And one more thing can maybe cause problem: component MIDI audio support.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

First, you are removing too much stuffs in Keep or Remove additional stuffs, some of those files are maybe needed by Itunes. I see that you mostly remove fonts, but there is also a few .dll files, which Itunes maybe need. And one more thing can maybe cause problem: component MIDI audio support.

Cheers ;)

those in keep or remove section are copied from some "pros", ha ha ,i dont know about them actually~~~ so, ur suggestion is to remove those in remove section ??? and uncheck MIDI audio??

what abot that update? and NET Framework, and can i remove windows media player and media player 6.4 since i am going to integrate media player 11??

last time u helped me lo, this time again, i still remember u , thanks for help, thank you!!!!

No problem, I'll help every time I can.

those in keep or remove section are copied from some "pros", ha ha ,i dont know about them actually~~~ so, ur suggestion is to remove those in remove section ??? and uncheck MIDI audio??

Yes and yes.

Now, no need to remove windows media player, since WMP Slipstreamer will overwrite old files, so you will not loose any space. I can't tell anything about media player 6.4, but if I was you I would not remove it, some application may need it.

And .NET Framework can be integrated too, and for that you need to visit this forum. You will need to register there.

I recommend you: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1, 2.0 SP1 and Visual J# Runtimes 1.1, 2.0 SE - RyanVM Integrator Addon (.ZIP) - 29.0MB (integrate via svcpack) and Microsoft .NET Framework V3.5 - Lite - Switchless Silent Installer - 21.7MB (integrate via RunOnce).

Cheers ;)

yes, i did, i started with new set of files.

following attatchment is the new changes,

PS: I dont want to waste cd, and dont know how to use win-pe, therefore, i tested on VMware 6.0.2 lite version, ok right??

if next time doesn't work, give up itunes, and if there is an alternative way to sync song to my ipod, i will definitely not going to install itunes, dont like it and use it at all!!

Last_Session.ini

thanks for telling, yea, it works, winamp ,new version, support ipod for sync song, but one more problem, i can sync song, but can't recharge!!! i have that mini ipod shuffle, has to oepn itunes and get recharge, winamp cannot recharge my ipod, oh my god, so close~~~~

thanks, yes, it works, finally, itunes is successfully opened. Thanks to all!! U guys are the best!!

Also, can i ask few more questions? I am also intereted with Net Framework, and i saw the topic above mine, and dwonlaod that edit 2 link "DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.7z " ,tried to integrate with nlite, but failed~~~

then i went to RogueSpear's Forums, ( thanks to mara- again for providing) and checked out some of the framework addon. I saw the framework 3.5 actually included 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 sp1, so, i thought integrate "Microsoft .NET Framework V1.1 SP1 & Visual J# Runtimes V1.1 " and "Microsoft .NET Framework V3.5 - Full "would do the job, they both passed through integration through nlite, but when tested on vmware for the installation of new windows, only 1.1 shown in add/remove, no 3.5, what happen??

Basically, the questions are: 1) is it like we only need 1.1, sp1, securty patch to 1.1 and 3.5 , 'cause 3.5 includes 2 and 3. So it's automatically 1.1, 2.0,3.0 and 3.5?? is that concept correct??? 2) (new babies to nlite too, if there is a tutorial, will be happy to look at them and learn) but what is via Runonce / Runone.EX ??? is it the same in the tap next to General says Runonce, Command to add ??? 3) the most important question, how to integrate 3.5? i downloaded Microsoft .NET Framework V3.5 - Full from RogueSpear's, but how to work with them?

Thanks again for solving itunes, thanks!

Framework 3.5 is not compatible with svcpack, so I recommend you Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1, 2.0 SP1 and Visual J# Runtimes 1.1, 2.0 SE (RyanVM Integrator Addon (.ZIP)) to integrate via svcpack and Microsoft .NET Framework V3.5 - Lite (Switchless Silent Installer) to integrate via RunOnce. I do this way and it works perfect.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-