create unattended install that does not have IE

black_13

Yes. Just select it for removal in the Components page. If you plan on removing HTML Rendering as well that is not recommended but it is possible and if you know for sure that you will not miss it - no problem.

Yes. Just select it for removal in the Components page. If you plan on removing HTML Rendering as well that is not recommended but it is possible and if you know for sure that you will not miss it - no problem.

I was just wondering wether you remove it nuhi. I've read somewhere that you remove it on xp (i think i have anyway) but i'm curious to know wether you do on vista. Plus does it have the same consequences as on xp.

On Vista I remove IE itself but keep HTML Engine. No trade offs, haven't noticed any issues so far.

OK thanks nuhi, its just that on mt laptop i am going to dual boot vista and xp. With the xp install i shall keep iecore and with the vista one i will not remove html engine, so if i ever need to use anything ie websites that require it i will still be able to access them.