Help using advanced features

mrkorky

I've searched and tried to find the manual which looks like it isn't complete and I can not figure out how to use the advanced winnt.sif feature in powerpacker.

I work at a computer store and I am attempting to create a multi-boot disc that will include:

XP Home OEM - Original / OEM Scan version w/ driver packs / Original w/ driver packs (which will require a diff key)

XP Pro - Ditto above versions

XP Pro Corporate w/ driver packs if possible

I have been using rvm integrator and then trying to use powerpacker.

I have made a seperate folder for the different winnt.sif files.

I figured I'd need 3 different xp folders on my computer, home oem, pro oem, corporate & then just use the advanced feature of winnt.sif files to adjust what happens to those folders.

Can you tell me what steps to take to make that happen?

Also, under the main tab can you tell me what the custom pack name is for (is that only for driver packs) or is that for something different - same for tri-pack - what would that be used for?

Thanks,

Troy

• 1 month later...

I've searched and tried to find the manual which looks like it isn't complete and I can not figure out how to use the advanced winnt.sif feature in powerpacker.

I work at a computer store and I am attempting to create a multi-boot disc that will include:

XP Home OEM - Original / OEM Scan version w/ driver packs / Original w/ driver packs (which will require a diff key)

XP Pro - Ditto above versions

XP Pro Corporate w/ driver packs if possible

I have been using rvm integrator and then trying to use powerpacker.

I have made a seperate folder for the different winnt.sif files.

I figured I'd need 3 different xp folders on my computer, home oem, pro oem, corporate & then just use the advanced feature of winnt.sif files to adjust what happens to those folders.

Can you tell me what steps to take to make that happen?

Also, under the main tab can you tell me what the custom pack name is for (is that only for driver packs) or is that for something different - same for tri-pack - what would that be used for?

Thanks,

Troy

I build PCs as well. I have a multiboot DVD with XP Pro OEM SP2-B, XP Pro OEM SP2-C, XP Pro Upgrade SP2, XP Home OEM SP2, XP Home Upgrade SP2 and I never used the ADVANCED tab in PowerPacker. I used RVM Integrator to dump some update packs in them and then used PowerPacker to create the layout of the disk & dump the DriverPacks in them. However, I used the the CUSTOM PACK NAME since I had 2 versions of XP Pro OEM but I doubt you'll need to use that feature. If I had to guess, you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. Every time I pack another version of XP, I use the UNATTENDED INSTALL OPTIONS to incorporate a WINNT.SIF. Each version of the OS (each disk) has its own WINNT.SIF with its own key.

02-26-08

1158 EST