question on Xp

andrew28

There are countless topics with exactly the same dilemma. Have you bothered to search the forums here? Ultimately, it's up to you what you need the pc for, wat are its specs and how much money burns your pocket... In future, please search before posting.

Hi, in my opinion XP is still more usabe. Unless you have a real HW monster, install XP. With 2GB ram you can turn off the pagefile and the speed of the system is awesome. But 2GB for vista is minimum/average. All software works with xp perfectly and there will be SP3 for XP released on spring and they say it will really increase the XP speed even more. It's fast, stable, reliable and relatively bug fixed system. You can't say that about Vista yet. Vista has of course some new features etc., but it really decreases the potential hw capability which you have paid for.

That's MY opinion:)

Hi, in my opinion XP is still more usabe. Unless you have a real HW monster, install XP. With 2GB ram you can turn off the pagefile and the speed of the system is awesome. But 2GB for vista is minimum/average. All software works with xp perfectly and there will be SP3 for XP released on spring and they say it will really increase the XP speed even more. It's fast, stable, reliable and relatively bug fixed system. You can't say that about Vista yet. Vista has of course some new features etc., but it really decreases the potential hw capability which you have paid for.

That's MY opinion:)