Themes and styles for Windows XP

Daniel-J

Anyone know where I can download free (clean and safe) XP themes and styles to enhance the appearance of XP? I've seen some which make the taskbar, start button and icons look similar to (actually, more like EXACTLY like) Vista. However, I need to find a patched uxtheme.dll file to use the themes. Where can I get this? The website which offered it had a bad link to the file.

Thanks in advance!

I use VistaCG as well by space???? (i can't remember the full name but it's space something; you can find it as deviant art). In my opinion, it's the best Vista look-alike theme. I've tried so many others, but there was always something annoying about them.

Also, tgtsoft releases patched uxtheme.dll. They even had it patched for the beta sp3.

Thanks for the recommendations! I decided to use the Neowin patch to replace uxtheme.dll. Then I unzipped the Vista CG theme and browsed to point to it and applied it. VERY cool! But it wasn't enough for me...I needed Vista icons, too! So, I found a program called Vista Customization Pack. Splendid! I haven't had a chance to re-apply the Vista CG theme after installing of VCP, but I'm loking forward to see what else I can do. Here's a screenshot of what someone did to their Windows XP! I think I like it!

Anyone know where I can download free (clean and safe) XP themes and styles to enhance the appearance of XP? I've seen some which make the taskbar, start button and icons look similar to (actually, more like EXACTLY like) Vista. However, I need to find a patched uxtheme.dll file to use the themes. Where can I get this? The website which offered it had a bad link to the file.

Thanks in advance!

Just take a look here