nVidia GeForce 9800GX2 Preview

jcarle

ya i saw that, really dont care... it's way to big and i have no idea why they are even calling it a 9800 when it isnt even a g100, it's a g92! this card should be an 8800GX2, just like what they did with the 7800GX2. i want to see the realy 9800's released already.

ya i saw that, really dont care... it's way to big and i have no idea why they are even calling it a 9800 when it isnt even a g100, it's a g92! this card should be an 8800GX2, just like what they did with the 7800GX2. i want to see the realy 9800's released already.

The entire 9x00 series will be based on the G92. nVidia isn't going to release a new design until (what remains of) the competition releases something new, they're holding back on their roadmap at the moment, similar to what Intel is doing.

dont you just hate it when amd/ati cant compete :(

we get nothing new..

if the whole 9x000 series is G92 then i wonder why nvidia created all of that naming confusion with the 8800gts's that are G92 like mine..

Same reason that AMD, starting with Athlon XPs, started using "performance indicator numbers" for their CPU versions instead of the clock speed. Marketing.

yeah i didnt have a huge problem with it until they stared using the same # for different CPUs I had a 3200+ that ran at 2.0 and had 1mb L1 but there was also a 3200+ that ran at 2.2 with 512 L1 -any that was in the 64 market -there was another 3200+ in the 32bit line too i think

I heard these are going to be the specs for the 9800 GTX:

* Codename: G100/D9E

* 55nm process

* ~1800 million transistors

* 650MHz core clock

* 2000MHz shader clock

* 1024MB 2000MHz 512-bit GDDR3 (128GB/s)

* 32 render output units

* 96 texture filtering units

* 384 shader processors

Isn't the GX2 meant to be faster or what?

A question about this graphic card.

Do you think this graphic card works on the Intel Chipset based motherboard or not?

Cause my motherboard is Intel Chipset based motherboard and it has Crossfire support, not SLI.