couple of complex questions here

dcyphure

alright, last noob thread from me for this version of vlite...scouts honor :)

i learned about how you can get SP1 integrated into vlite using the reverse integration method and imagex. here is my question

after i install vista oem to a secondary partition and restart into audit

with the sysprep window pop up. could i then actually go through vista and do some customizing like install some apps and tweak before i use imagex? and after all that when i use its iso for Vlite and remove all the componants i dont want, will those install apps and customizing i did before be ok?

second, if i were to install a file manager like xplorer2 or whatever during the above in audit mode and made the iso...etc

could i safely remove windows explorer and html?

i'm thinkn the xplorer2 app would simply replace it of course so no need for explorer to be in there right?

if so, how do i remove explorer.

edit*: i developed a 3rd question. forgetting about sp1 reverse integration for a moment. i'm wondering with the future arrival of SP1 officially and how it wont install with a vlited install. is there a list of things specifically that i should not remove that will still make SP1 install ok without failure? i ask cause as bad as i want to remove all the junk i dont use, i really want to install sp1 when it comes out officially.

Edited by dcyphure

• 2 months later...

yeah ,you may Install Apps. and do some tweeks, like default search engine .start page ,but those related to the regesty ,Current user will be useless ,you should modify the Local machine regestry,

i Never succeded in capturing Vista installed on d,or ,i never captured ,

because ,i would like to have a little test first ,after running sysprep, i rebooted into OOBE,but An error broke out ,telling me someting strange ,may be it is normal ,but i gave up, i would not wasted that time capturing the deemed wrong image,

have you tested ?

Infact ,installing vista on C,is also a good way ,not that bad ,

dcyphure,

#1 yes, but I have not tried. There is no reason for it not to work.

#2 I guess, never tried it. HTML can be removed anyway, if you know that you do not need it.

#3 You need full Vista. What is wrong with reverse integration? In my opinion it is ideal, why install OS and then SP1 on every reinstall, like this you will have preintegrated SP1 which you can lighten up and easily reinstall.

I have never used an OS with SP installed over the already installed Windows. That seems so dirty :)