Dual booting x86 & x64

D_block

Is this posible >? to dual boot a x64 and a x 86 os on a single hdd . i was tryin this and my system kept crashing. Now i formatted the whole hdd and the x64 bit worked with no problems.

so i want to now if this should be a problem or maybe something on my pc is malfunctioning ?

I don't know, what the Problem is.

Just install XP 32 on first partition.

Boot from it, insert your XP 64 CD - click Install - choose new install - select "copy all files from cd to harddisc" - wait - reboot - setup of xp 64 starts within DOS, select second partition - install.

After installation you have two entries in yout boot.ini and while booting you can select, what OS you want to start.

OK?

yea i will try i again, but i have something loading curently. i want to do it with a 32 bit vista and x64 xp pro because i cant get all my hardware drives with the x64 OS.

my hdd was parttioned in 4 before , win 2000 , win xp , win vista and the remaining partition ( about 28 gigs ) to save on my files on , but as soon as im finished here ill retry it again . :thumbup

i got through, i guess its possible after all. i did the windows xp x64 first then the vista ultimate x86 after no problems eccept for the once that xp crashed during GUI, i think m hardware may have bugs. lol