Overclocking Problems

slipk487

im still learning about overclocking but looking at that black edition it seems alot easier to overclock then anything else. i still have at least a month till ill have the money to upgrade and/or change my mind.

Edited by slipk487

• 4 months later...

well i haven't had the money for a new mobo, ram, and cpu. i did get an 8800GT tho. finally got my computer to overclock and it was the most stupidest thing that stopped it. i dont have a floppy drive in my computer so i disabled it in the bios. well after enabling it i was finally able to get it to overclock. i have it at 2.2 @ 38C. just dont have the time to really go at it. graduating on thursday so after that ill be able to sit down and push it to its max. just going to have a lot of trial and error.

Edited by slipk487

what does windows mean tho? right clicking my comp and clicking properties? thats not suppose to work.

LOL, what do you mean "that's not supposed to work"? I've never seen it not work.

hehe, its never given me a false read out either :P

im still learning about overclocking but looking at that black edition it seems alot easier to overclock then anything else. i still have at least a month till ill have the money to upgrade and/or change my mind.

I'm not sure where you got your sources from, but the E2100 series CPUs are VERY good overclockers. I've got one that's been running in my workstation that's overclocked from 1.8GHz to 2.4Ghz, with nothing more than a little increase in FSB. I've even managed to lower the stock voltages while running at that speed. You can see in Punto's signature that he's taken the E2180 to well over 3GHz. I know that jcarle's taken his E2160 to 3.2Ghz - that's a 100% OC! I can't remember the last time I heard of anything that good coming from the AMD lineup

ASUS P5K-E - $150

Intel E2160 - $80

OCZ Platinum 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 - $45

There you go - all the lickings for a pretty sweet Intel overclocking system. Next time you get some coin, go for that instead of the Black Edition. The AMD Black Edition are like the Intel Extreme CPUs - they've simply got their multipliers unlocked in all directions (Intel Extremes allow for 6-20 multis IIRC), but otherwise...

im about to graduate on thursday and that is also when i lose my job with the school so i will have to get a new job before i can upgrade my computer. i have never really followed intel but usually hear there better overclockers. just dont have much experience overclocking yet. all i need now is the cpu, mobo, and ram. i also have a Thermaltake Big Typhoon heatsink which will come in handy while overclocking.

but i think ill take the intel route when i get the money.

Edited by slipk487