Can't get Virtual Machine Additions to work

haridsv

I am a new user of nLite and so far I am absolutely delighted. I built an ISO that I was able to test on a VPC successfully. One issue I am facing on VPC install is that the mouse doesn't work, or rather it is very very jumpy. If I reduce the acceleration, it doesn't move at all, and if I increase, it suddenly becomes so jumpy that I can't predict where it will be at any moment. I tried installing Virtual Machine Additions hoping that it will fix the problem, but it seems like I might have removed a service or component that the "Virtual Machine Additions Services Application" service itself depends on, so I started a VPC that has full WXP installation which has this service working fine and the only dependency that shows up is a system component called "Virtual Machine Additions Services Driver". This component must be installed with that of the service, so not sure why it doesn't get installed in my case. Can anyone help in understanding the problem? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Maybe, it will be useful for somebody...

I had the same problem, and I spent two weeks trying to solve it. Solution is pretty simple: VMA needs MS Network Client to be installed, even if you havn't network adapter. Just don't use Custom Network in nLite, or keep MS Client there.

I always uncheck MS Network Client in the installation process and VirtualBox Guest Additions works well.

It's strange enough... I have made a test installation (look at Test.ini in attach), and I can't install VMA in it (setup fails in SharedFolder installation). But if i delete just one string in Test.ini (namely "CustomNetwork"), or add MS Network Client in virtual machine, then VMA installs without any glitch.

Do you uncheck all items in network settings (except TCP/IP), or just MS Network Client?

Test.ini