Ripping music from an Xbox 360 game disc

Arie

I would like to rip the music which plays in a certain Xbox 360 game during the menu, during the game itself and its credits. I've worked my way through various web site which I found via Google, but they either deal with ripping an audio CD using your Xbox 360 or they advise you to use a recording device connected to your amplifier which you use with your Xbox 360 for sound. The first thing is not what I want, the second does achieve what I want, but I would prefer to rip the music straight from the disc itself because the music during the game is covered with in-game sounds which I don't want. Is this possible at all and if so, how would I do this? Thank you in advance.

I'm no expert, so it's hard for me to explain, but I'm pretty sure what you want is near impossible right now. Similar projects, like the PSF/USF/GSF format, take sequenced music and replicate it on a PC, but it's hard to rip. Those formats cover older consoles like the playstation, N64, etc. Only recently has there been a breakthrough on Gamecube/Xbox/PS2, because of encryption... and the proprietary nature of the sequenced format. It's extremely hard to find, and even harder to find a ripper.

If you are lucky, and the music you want is not sequenced (made up by the console) but CD-XA (like a music CD), you may be able to rip it with a tool like PsxMC. But that tool is for PS1, it may not be able to handle other formats.

Like I said, I'm no expert, so I may be completely off, but I'm pretty sure most modern soundtracks are either audio CD rips, or are ripped from the component cables and have sound effects minimized.

Thank you for your reply... although I was hoping for a solution ;) Kind of expected this since no one had replied yet and my own search has left me without a solution either. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

surely you can on a laptop?

I mean we play movies and games through our laptop, onto the TV so you must be able to reverse that?

Or take audio out of the phono cables, as you would to your surround sound system and then record it onto your laptop.

surely you can on a laptop?

I mean we play movies and games through our laptop, onto the TV so you must be able to reverse that?

Or take audio out of the phono cables, as you would to your surround sound system and then record it onto your laptop.

Recording the TV output or the output during the game via the phono cables, you will get the following:

I would like to rip the music which plays in a certain Xbox 360 game during the menu, during the game itself and its credits. I've worked my way through various web site which I found via Google, but they either deal with ripping an audio CD using your Xbox 360 or they advise you to use a recording device connected to your amplifier which you use with your Xbox 360 for sound. The first thing is not what I want, the second does achieve what I want, but I would prefer to rip the music straight from the disc itself because the music during the game is covered with in-game sounds which I don't want. Is this possible at all and if so, how would I do this? Thank you in advance.