Install Office 2003 Pro add-on with cab and svcpack- SOLVED!

tuxi68

IMPORTANT NOTE: use ONLY your own Office2003 distribution

According: http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t28820.html and http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...1&hl=office I just tested eryen idea to delete some registry from pro11.msi .

So, after that I can install Office 2003 at T13 (with cab/svcpack !).

My solution :

1. Slipstream Office 2003 kit with SP3

2. Install admin version into fresh virtual machine (providing your serial number, user and company)with setup.exe /a and save all into new Office 2003 folder

3. Modify Office setup with Microsoft Office Resurce Kit and generate a NEW setup.MST file:

- run: Custom Instalation Wizard from Microsoft Office Resurce Kit

- point them to PRO11.msi

- make all changes for packets to be installed/removed

- IMPORTANT: at 12/24 step choose “ Remove Registry Entry” tab and select Add and complete next form with:

• Root: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

• Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW\Installed

• Value Name: DW0200

4. Choose OK and Finsih and save your new *.MST as setup.MST into your Office2003 setup folder.

5. Create a SFX archive using WinRar and select SFX option :

• Into “Run After extraction” write : setup.exe /wait TRANSFORMS=setup.mst /qn

• In modes tab check: Unpack to temp folder, Hide all, Overwrite all

• Save your archive as office 2003.exe

6. make new Add-on cab with NLITE ADD-ON MAKER and chose to execute your SFX archive (office2003.exe-created at step 5)

7. Insert your add-on with NLITE as new hotfix and create a new XPCD image !

post-168942-1199368857_thumb.png

Edited by tuxi68

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this guide, it works perfectly

Only thing that was hard to figure out when you've never done it before was creating the SFX file

but once you figure out to add all the files off the office folder in the tab (which was not mentioned in the guide)

then you're on your way

• In files tab ''select all your office 2003 folder content''

Again. Thank you - Well done.

Edited by bogusincognito

• 2 months later...

Great guide!

I just thought it would be nice to share my idea that just struck me.

I needed my addon to get a smaller final size to fit in my XPCD. My Office CD is in swedish so I couldn't use the "office shrinker".

Here's what I did:

1. Copy the Office2003 setup folder (after nr. 4 in post 1) to a shared folder that you use with your virtual environment (virtualbox, vmware...)

2. Install Office2003 from the setup folder in your shared folder (using the commands described in (5) in post 1) in your virtual environment.

3. When the install is complete, search for all files (*.*) in the Office2003 setup folder and check the last accessed time on the files.

4. Delete all files that weren't accessed at the time of the Office2003 install!

5. Continiue at (5) in post 1!

Tested and working!

My addon just shrunk from 206mb to 112mb! :D

Edit: The addon worked flawlessly :)

Edit2: Tried to clear things out, my writing sucks :thumbdown

Edited by dll32

Great guide!

I needed my addon to get a smaller final size to fit in my XPCD. My Office CD is in swedish so I couldn't use the "office shrinker".

Here's what I did:

1. Make a fresh customised install (using the commands described in the above post) in a new WinXP Install in virtualbox or vmware.

2. After that check the last accessed time using a search for all files in the installfolder.

3. Delete all files that weren't accessed!

I haven't tested the addon yet, but I made a successfull install on a fresh WinXP install!

My addon just shrunk from 206mb to 112mb!

Edit: The addon worked flawlessly

Good idea.Can you give us more details how can you seperate last accessed files from installation source? Is it easy?

You shouldn't have any problems if you know how to handle a virtual environment
Thank you for your virtual support.I really need this :lol:

I already have shrinked office installation with office shrinker.its 145 mb, removed help files and some stuff and installing from svcpack.I guess your idea second way to shrink office.If its hard to explain or valuable for you forget it.

Great guide!

Here's what I did:

1. Copy the Office2003 setup folder (after nr. 4 in post 1) to a shared folder that you use with your virtual environment (virtualbox, vmware...)

2. Install Office2003 from the setup folder in your shared folder (using the commands described in (5) in post 1) in your virtual environment.

3. When the install is complete, search for all files (*.*) in the Office2003 setup folder and check the last accessed time on the files.

4. Delete all files that weren't accessed at the time of the Office2003 install!

5. Continiue at (5) in post 1!

Tested and working!

My addon just shrunk from 206mb to 112mb! :D

Edit: The addon worked flawlessly :)

Edit2: Tried to clear things out, my writing sucks :thumbdown

Heh!

You CAN use Office Shrinker with ANY language!

Simply modify lines in shrinker ini that are for Retry and Cancel (IIRC) to your language

b&lah_blah

bu&mbum

AND PUT & before the letter that is used for shortcut (disable "hide underscore until i press ALT" in prosperities od desktop / looks / effects to check which ones!)

In example above it would be

"l" and "m"

• 2 years later...

IMPORTANT NOTE: use ONLY your own Office2003 distribution

According: http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t28820.html and http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...1&hl=office I just tested eryen idea to delete some registry from pro11.msi .

So, after that I can install Office 2003 at T13 (with cab/svcpack !).

My solution :

1. Slipstream Office 2003 kit with SP3

2. Install admin version into fresh virtual machine (providing your serial number, user and company)with setup.exe /a and save all into new Office 2003 folder

3. Modify Office setup with Microsoft Office Resurce Kit and generate a NEW setup.MST file:

- run: Custom Instalation Wizard from Microsoft Office Resurce Kit

- point them to PRO11.msi

- make all changes for packets to be installed/removed

- IMPORTANT: at 12/24 step choose “ Remove Registry Entry” tab and select Add and complete next form with:

• Root: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

• Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW\Installed

• Value Name: DW0200

4. Choose OK and Finsih and save your new *.MST as setup.MST into your Office2003 setup folder.

6. make new Add-on cab with NLITE ADD-ON MAKER and chose to execute your SFX archive (office2003.exe-created at step 5)

7. Insert your add-on with NLITE as new hotfix and create a new XPCD image !

i just want to ask something cause you mention about virtual machine,,,is it ok if i make an admin install in my currently running os like the guide here and use the resource kit like the guide here but remove some registry like you instruct...thank you...

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the tut to the letter and my office 2003.exe worked! But i cant make the addon. I put it in the svcpack folder and create entries file then use nlaom. When it installs in vmware, it says error in line 1 and it cant find office2003. Sry i cant attach my session.ini coz im using my phone

• 2 weeks later...