Partition Program

nodiaque

Hello everyone,

I'm having a little concern. Since Partition Magic was bought by Symantec, no more development was made (or it's really hidden cause I didn't heard of any replacement or new version of partition magic since).

Now, that cause me a problem because Partition Magic doesn't support Reiser FS and NTFS 5.1 (windows server 2k3).

I'm then looking for liable program (not experimental, those are crucial server data I need to transfer) or more that can copy, move, resize, delete (well, play with partition like and even more then partition magic do) but with reiser fs and/or NTFS 5.1.

Thanks a lot!

My preference would be Acronis Disk Director. Although I've never had a real problem with Partition Magic. Although I do recall once that I wasn't able to fix my corruct partitions with Partition Magic (although it wasn't responsible for corrupting it), Disk Director did the job.

I, however, configure my partitions before installing and leave it alone. I create my install partition from Windows XP setup. Then the rest I create from Disk Management. I do not like to repartition once everything is installed to avoid corruption of data. I'm just a little wary about repartitioning. Thus, I really don't use partitioning software when the built in one does the job.