KB888111

jvidal

well, I did search and found NOTHING useful.

Then you didn't search correctly. Or you didn't read and understand the results. Come on, it's not that difficult...

Simple question: is it supported, YES or NO?

Clicking on a link is too much work? Super-Magician even provided a direct reference to the corresponding thread (opened by myself :whistle: ).

PD: what a nice guy!

Yes, he is. He's always helpful when people show respect and work proactively on their problems before crying here.

Never talk that way to me! I will help you and I continuing it, but why not on a far less rude manner?

Well,

That fix is not used by me and I never use a fix which is not ordenair supported bij Microsoft.

By another words: It is a hotfix and not an update! Taste the sense, so it is only recommended

in specific circumstances. Try it by appying it on your local system and create a restorepoint

béfore doing it so you can roll back.

Second, try using several drivers for your soundcard/chip. For me personally I discoverd that

the Packard Bell drivers suits the best and my system isn't a Packard Bell, but the nice thing is

Packard Bell uses the same motherboard for several systems so the driver suits perfectly. Not

any problem here, but the original drivers are hopeless, inferieur!

Note: Asus A8R-MVP (does not matter, but the next matters!) and an adi1986a chip.

What chip do you use? Can you reply it to me so I can help more specific.

Yes, I'll help because my remark to you is a hint and not an attack!

well, I did search and found NOTHING useful.

I just did another search in the HFSLIP forum and found no less than 13 threads that reference KB888111.

Yes, that is indeed a simple question. How about a simple answer? At least try to click on my links this time.

Good day to you! :)

@Extravert, thanks for trying to help. However, jvidal's question involves whether or not this particular hotfix can be slipstreamed by HFSLIP, not just whether his computer would support it.

Ok, thanks. That's all I needed to know.

(I must have missed that post, Sorry!)

To Extravert: Dude, you're confused, KB888111 is not a driver for a particular sound chip, it's a windows update that allows it to recognize devices (like audio or modem) on a high-definition bus. Only then you have to worry about the driver for your particular chip. The problem is that if you don't install KB888111 first, then you can't install the drivers for your chip.

bye!

Edited by jvidal