Mui language problem

• 1 month later...

Just now saw your problem

You'll need to change the version number in shell32.dll.mui to the same as %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll

General Steps:

Open %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll with Reshack

Make a note of the version number (towards the bottom)

MAke a copy of shell32.dll.mu_ to "shell32.dll.mu_ org" (or something else)

EXPAND shell32.dll.mu_ shell32.dll.mui

Open shell32.dll.mui with Reshack

Replace the version numbers to be exactly like shell32.dll

Press "Compile"

Save and over-write

Close Reshack

Erase shell32.dll.mu_

MAKECAB shell32.dll.mui shell32.dll.mu_

Copy and replace shell32.dll.mu_ back to the MUI folder.

Uninstall MUI

Reinstall MUI

If you need more help - let me know.

Good luck and let me know how you fared,

David

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I have successfully created an unattended XP installation with the a Hebrew language pack.

Works like a charm if I don't intend to change the MUI, meaning I leave it in English.

But, if I do change the MUI, I get mixed content (some parts in Hebrew, ex: the "Start", and some parts in English, ex: My computer Icon, My documents Icon).

Since the original XP is international (English), I can only slipstream a SP in English.

After installing, and applying the MUI pack, not everything changes (Because the the integrated SP is English).

I tried creating an unattended setup with the Hebrew SP, but I get the error that the SP and the original setup aren't the same language.

Is there a way to overcome this paradox?

Thanks for your help!

[***** Edit *****]

I did some trial and error, here are the results.

The first was in the following installation order:

1) original XP

2) Language Pack

3) Service Pack(the English one)

The result is good - all menus and dialogs are in the specific MUI that was installed.

The second time I changed the installation order:

1) original XP

2) Service Pack (the English one)

3) Language Pack

The result was not good, some menus are in English, some are in the language of the language pack - meaning the same result of the nlited version I described in the original topic.

Hope someone has found a solution to this.

Edited by YMatrix

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK from my previous experiences it is not possible to slipstream the MUI into the i386 source folder of the Windows XP installation disc.

You could try to create an unattended setup of the MUI files, and integrate it into the OEM folder so they get installed during the Windows setup.

hi agin

for pro ppl

need help im trying to make unattended windows xp with last update from Microsoft ... with english and arabic MUI .... :sneaky: all easy but when intergrated last update "RVMUpdatePack2.2.1.7z" everything working great .......

than i switch to Arabic Interface OMG!!! My Computer - My Documents - some start Menu still in english :blink:

some one told me "still no update to solve this problem from microsoft" :o

so Now i want to make unattended windows with arabic version i have it

and i need english MUI to switch it to english .....

hope there's help plz plz plz !!! :yes:

Edited by nabeel

You are REALLY GOOD MAN ! I have the same problem and no way out ! After integrating XP SP3 and unattended install of HEBREW MUI from CMDLINES i have mixed GUI ! Desktop icons of MY COMPUTER AND MY DOCUMENTS are remain to be in ENGLISH and some things in CONTROL PANEL and so and so ... SOMEBODY HELP GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION !!!!!!!! PLS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now saw your problem

You'll need to change the version number in shell32.dll.mui to the same as %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll

General Steps:

Open %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll with Reshack

Make a note of the version number (towards the bottom)

MAke a copy of shell32.dll.mu_ to "shell32.dll.mu_ org" (or something else)

EXPAND shell32.dll.mu_ shell32.dll.mui

Open shell32.dll.mui with Reshack

Replace the version numbers to be exactly like shell32.dll

Press "Compile"

Save and over-write

Close Reshack

Erase shell32.dll.mu_

MAKECAB shell32.dll.mui shell32.dll.mu_

Copy and replace shell32.dll.mu_ back to the MUI folder.

Uninstall MUI

Reinstall MUI

If you need more help - let me know.

Good luck and let me know how you fared,

David

David omg !! thnx very very much

but after i do wht u say still some menu's like Control panel still in english not same my scound lung

Help and support ----> still English

Turn off Computer --> still English

Log Off ---------------> still English

85331666ro6.jpg

and START BuTTon still in ENGLISH .

This thread is now contains a heavily edited accumulation of responses from three different threads which were started without searching all on the same subject. The first three posts are from the original thread and for the most part contain the answer the other three topics were after. Unfortunately due to the majority of the respondents not using the Forum in an appropriate manner the flow of the thread is completely ruined, but the problem(s) and solutions are there and easier to find than reading through four different topics.

This thread is now contains a heavily edited accumulation of responses from three different threads which were started without searching all on the same subject. The first three posts are from the original thread and for the most part contain the answer the other three topics were after. Unfortunately due to the majority of the respondents not using the Forum in an appropriate manner the flow of the thread is completely ruined, but the problem(s) and solutions are there and easier to find than reading through four different topics.

:realmad: whts wrong with u im try to fix a big problem here it HEBREW AND ARABIC MUI PROBLEM

take it easy man :whistle:

:(

Edited by nabeel