Visio Internal Error #3400; Action 1283: Open File

ssimlai

Last night, working from a laptop I saved work on my 70 MB Visio 2000 file residing on a USB hard disk. Once the file closed after saving, I clicked to close the Visio program. Then I removed the USB connection of the USB hard disk from the laptop. Immediately the machine came up with a message saying that the visio file has not been saved! I was surprised but did nothing to check as it was too late.

This morning the file would not open. I checked the Microsoft website and performed all possible operations they suggested therein. Nothing would open the file. I copied, renamed, moved to another drive, another location, another computer...nope!

The message that comes up is: "Visio Internal Error #3400; Action 1283: Open File. First try closing and reopening the file. Next try restarting Visio".

I could not find any utilities on the internet that can repair the corrupted visio file, assuming it is corrupt (as per Microsoft website).

Any help such that I do not have to go about recreating the complete file (takes 2 weeks - too elaborate) for my home studio?

Edited by ssimlai

• 3 months later...

Hi Ssimlai,

Could u be able to solv this issue?

I am in the same boat! and dont know how to recover my long term worked visio file. I tried all possible available ways. If you could solve it, I would appreciate if you could share it with me..

Regards

No I couldn't solve it and gave up. I got rid of Visio 2000 and moved to SmartDraw, tried it out for a month and then went back to Visio 2007. That was because I needed Visio type of working. If you don't, Smartdraw is quite good though a few operation shortcomings are there - they are surely trying to solve it. And their support is good.

But I lost the file and have created it again. That reminds a lesson - backup.