Problem vLite

LastSoul

go into the wimfltr folder inside the vLite folder and reinstall the wimfltr.sys driver by clicking right on the inf-file and select install.

I've tried that too and it's not working even after reinstalling wimfltr.sys. Anyone else have a suggestion? :blink::wacko:

I have XP Pro x86 for now but i was thinking to upgrade to Vista Ultimate x64 and as I see I can't handle it with vlite. :angry:

please reboot before reinstalling vLite!

I've tried that too. No effect. I also tried to disable the antivirus and the virtual drives but it doesn't want to work :unsure:

I know it's not the program's fault. I've tried it on both vista and xp on my system and i always get the same error even with different versions of vista :(

Edited by Valerys

I have the same issue.

Vlite is running on Windows XP (32 bit), all SPs installed.

I have tried to re-install vlite, after trying to install x64>wimfltr.inf... (as I have a dual core machine and would like Vista to be 64 bit)

since it didn't work I re-installed vlite, and then installed x86>wimfltr.inf It didn't work either.

BTW, vlite crashes immediately after selecting the Vista version (Vista Business in my case).

What is the difference between VistaBusiness and VistaBusinessN? I have tried both but neither works.

Edited by luismurbina

for a 32Bit XP you must use the x86 driver. After vLite crashes you MUST restart your PC. The error also occurs when a tool like opens the INstall.wim and crashes. Now there is an open handle and this will cause this error when you now start vLite again.

for a 32Bit XP you must use the x86 driver. After vLite crashes you MUST restart your PC. The error also occurs when a tool like opens the INstall.wim and crashes. Now there is an open handle and this will cause this error when you now start vLite again.

Is there any way to get rid of the open handle? How can I resolve this? Thanks...