Windows Update (?) Cabs

spitf1r3

After running Microsoft Update I found some cabs (I think some contain ActiveX controls, that were installed during update & genuine check.

Could those be slipstreamed with Hfslip in the future?

Their names:

wsus3setup.cab

wuident.cab

wsusscn2.cab

I can upload them if needed...

what are those needed for anyway?

I add muauth.cab, muweb_site.cab, mucatalogwebcontrol.cab and legitcheckcontrol.cab to HFCABS and include windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe in HF and WU/MU are 100% happy.

bye!

The HFCABS folder is only for CAB files with specific names. But even if you repacked everything into a CAB file with a supported name it wouldn't work because the three packages mentioned above need to be placed in a special folder, in packed and unpacked format.

Personally, I see no reason to add support for these CAB files into HFSLIP (at least not into the main HFSLIP utility) because they are downloaded automatically, and because they are rechecked every time. HFSLIP only supports the files jvidal mentioned so the user doesn't need to do anything extra.

Then you must be doing something wrong or your cabs are outdated or you're not including the latest version of windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe, because, like I said, WU/MU does NOT prompt me to install anything.

bye!

He's not prompted to install those CABs; they're installed automatically without user interaction and then rechecked every time you visit WU/MU. I guess he's just paranoid about having all the ActiveX controls he needs already slipstreamed. :lol: No need for that though if it's installed automatically.

He's not prompted to install those CABs; they're installed automatically without user interaction and then rechecked every time you visit WU/MU. I guess he's just paranoid about having all the ActiveX controls he needs already slipstreamed. :lol: No need for that though if it's installed automatically.

After slipstreaming newest cabs MU still prompted me to install something...think I try once more.

And BTW, I AM a little bit paranoid about updates;D

I reinstall my XP quite often, and I want to have everything installed;)