The 12 hour hunt

Extravert

Hai :sneaky:

Today at 12:00 Dutch time minus one hour the hunt begins and every hour there's a new year celebration. For now, it is (as far as I know) the beginning of 2008 in New Zealand.

Nice idea to share :lol:

You're not the only one who celebrates it. In the United States is it 6 hours earlier than here and in Moscow it is 4 hours later than here in Holland. So They've their party far later? is this right?? The Americans are far earlier with 2008.

Question? When the really 2008 begins? At New Zealand at the dayzone or at GMT?

As so far, everybody here a happy and nice 2008. It's an even number and I think it means more luckyness than the uneven years. As I mention it.

Let the Firework begin!

Edited by Extravert

GMT would be the "global" New Years. But it is of course celebrated locally in each time zone.

GMT would be the "global" New Years. But it is of course celebrated locally in each time zone.

Yes, thanx :thumbup

I didn't know that and it whas always a question in my thoughts. But why not at the Dayzone? One cycle is 24 hours and the GMT is exactly the mid (12 hour). Is that the reason?

By the way:

The goods to ya all in 2008 :lol:

Actually the Day Begins from the International Date line the opposite of GMT (GMT+12)
Good call! I forgot about the IDL. Or perhaps I blocked it out. The IDL is my nemesis because it used to routinely confound me when I had to fly over it. It can be very confusing about what day/time it is when you land on either side of the Pacific.