Possible to set standard install drive letter? (XP 64)

I had a similar problem a while ago. That time it was setting the install drive letter to something other than "C:" in Vista 64. An answer file solved the problem that time. However, it seems Vista uses different tools for making unattended installs which means I have to ask you guys again. Is there any way to specify what dirve letter you want the OS partition to have when installing XP 64?

Your help is much appreciated. :D

Isn't this possible? I thought that since it was possible in Vista, it would also be possible in XP. The only microsoft tool I saw seemed to be one that walked you through an "installation" and saved your answers. However, since you are never allowed to set the drive letter during install it doesn't help me much. :(

Do you want to change the drive letters like:

W: windows

C: cd drive

D: dvd dive

r: rewrite drive

If you mean it that was.

You can use "MapDrive.cmd" ( http://www.msfn.org/board/Reassigning-driv....html&st=10 )

by calling it using "MT39" (http://www.msfn.org/board/tool-Run-multiple-programs-winntsif-t21521.html).

MapDrive.cmd will remap the drives that way you want them. MT39 can be call at T-39 (the start of GUI-setup) to use MapDrive.cmd.

Every thing after T-39 will use the new drive letters.

Changing the windows drive letter maybe troublesome. You maybe able to set the windows partising to have 2 drive letters. or change all the file handles to the new letter.

MapDrive also does not change letters of system vol, but I don't know if the vol has be set at system at t-39.