Issue with all applications

LUZR4LIFE

OK, I reformatted yesterday because I was getting a error message. Unfortunately, I have to restart after I get it because all program are unusable, so I am unable to get a screenshot. I am now getting this error message again.

0x0000142 Click on OK to terminate the application.

When I terminate the application, I can still no longer use any application and have to restart my computer. This will then again happen after a couple hours.

What could be causing this? Is it a conflict with a application? Bad memory? Or could it be from my XPCD?

Thank you

What were you doing at the time you received this error message?

Hey T. I was watching a movie. I also have to restart every morning after leaving my computer on for the night. It seems to just happen no matter what I have done or am doing.

Also, I have not cleared the reg etc. All I have done since I reinstalled was defrag. Hoping that maybe that was a issue the last time.

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

Sorry that you've got to format and reinstall. Unfortunately this is the reason why I and many other technicians inform people that "tweaking" Windows and stripping/removing things does more harm than good.

Thanks for the positive feedback about my site, it's always nice to hear. :)

Moved to XP forums, as it would be a bit more appropriate there since you need a clean normal Windows install. :)