how to customize the desktop for all my users

hello everybody! i need some help please. i made an unattended intallation with n-lite and i need to do this: customize the desktop for one user (with custom background,screensaver and custom home page) and then to export the settings so when a new user is created to get the custom settings. to be clear: the settings which i want to use ,i made it in my pc and i've got the iso file ready to burn...

i hope it's clear enough....so can i achieve it somehow? thanks in advice folks! :)

So, you're looking to modify the hidden Default User profile. It's going to be tricky. I've only worked with this sort of thing when preparing an image for deploying using something like Ghost, so I have the profile created and easy to modify. Doing this at an unattended installation level is going to be harder.

At T-13, I believe that everything done will be incorporated in the Default User profile. I could be wrong though. So, if you have shortcuts or other Start menu changes you may be able to do them here.

You mention changing screen savers, wallpaper and homepage. These are all going to be Registry modifications. You could, at first login of Administrator, mount the Default User's profile, make the modifications to the Registry (and any Start Menu or other file changes), dismount the profile and reboot.

My post here is all a little crazy I'm sure. I'm just trying to take what I do before I sysprep an image, and work it into an automated install.

thanks... but let me ask...can i export this profile to a folder of my nlite cd and then copy it back during or after the installation? this problem drives me crazy... i'm almost done with my cd and i'm stuck here...

Depends.. if you do it all filebased... change stuff at C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\

You should be able to copy the contents to CD and make a batch file which copys the directory to harddrive.

Iv not tested it jet... Now if you make registry changes you prolly can use *.reg files to export settings.

As far as i know, there is no simple "profile" that does it all - start menu, background, explorer settings, file extensions, etc.