Problems removing WMP and WMP 6.4

acsterf

Hi guys!

I am creating my nLite version of Win XP SP2 Pro but some problems are occurring. I've removed WMP, WMP 6.4 and tried with and witout WMP compability. In both ways when my ISO is installing in a virtual machine (MS Virtual PC 2007) I get the error #1. If I click OK it ignores and keep the process.

post-136962-1198779139_thumb.jpg

After that, when doing the first logon, the error #2 appears.

post-136962-1198779392_thumb.jpg

When I click OK the error #3 occurs.

post-136962-1198780107_thumb.jpg

Why I can't remove logagent.exe since WMP is removed? And why this other errors are happening?

Thanks!

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by acsterf

what u show here is that u integrated wmp 11 and u removed wmp and wmp 6.4.......

thats dumb cause it will cause u that errors. if u integrate wmp11 dont remove that 2.

or if u want to remove wmp completely ...dont integrate wmp11.

what u show here is that u integrated wmp 11 and u removed wmp and wmp 6.4.......

thats dumb cause it will cause u that errors. if u integrate wmp11 dont remove that 2.

or if u want to remove wmp completely ...dont integrate wmp11.

Sorry but I'm a little confused. At this point of my project I am not integrating anything to my ISO, just removing things, starting from "Remove Components" task. So where this WMP 11 integration is happening?

Thanks!

Edited by acsterf

u tell me......

in this picture it shows that setup is executing wmp11.inf which is a part of wmp11 setup

litexpv31error2yh6.th.jpg

so if u say u didnt integrate wmp11 then it means u use a xp source that came with wmp11 integrated.

Edited by boooggy

Ya what Arie said.

Sorry but I'm a little confused. At this point of my project I am not integrating anything to my ISO, just removing things, starting from "Remove Components" task.

This is true but you must be already using a Windows XP source that has had WMP11 integrated into it in the past?

I can confirm without doubt that nLite does not throw up those errors if you remove WMP9 and WMP6.4 on a normal (just SP2 or with all hotfixes) install source.

boooggy, Arie and LeveL, this really makes sense. I'm using a downloaded version that already contains the last updates and fixes until October, applying the key of my OEM version. So probably it has WMP11 integrated too.

Do you know how can I slipstream it?

Thanks!