.NET 2.0 SP1 & .NET 3.0 SP1

XibaD

I'll tell you a workaround until SNM is updated (I hope).

Download Roguespear's "Microsoft .NET Framework V1.1 SP1" + "Microsoft .NET Framework V3.5 - Full" silent installers. The .NET 2.0 + 3.0 are included in 3.5 silent installer.

Put the 1.1SP1 installer in HFSVCPACK so it will install at T-13.

Put the 3.5 installer in HFGUIRUNONCE so it will install ar first boot.

If you want language packages you can install them at first boot (e.g create a sfx silent installer) like this:

langpack.exe /q:a /c:"inst.exe /l /q"

langpack2.exe /q:a /c:"install.exe /q"

Hope it helps for the moment.

Plenty of topics about this already, but to reply again in short, I always install RogueSpear's .NET 1 and 2 silent installer packages via SVCPACK followed by any software depending on them and I install RogueSpear's .NET 3.5 silent installer package via RunOnceEx.

• 5 weeks later...
I'll tell you a workaround until SNM is updated (I hope).

This will probably not happen. I tried to ask for an update, but the thread (http://www.msfn.org/board/Update-silent-NE...er-t107913.html) was closed without any satisfying advice. I replied to it in a post in the original SNM thread (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=720198) but is was never answered. TC76seems to have lost interest in SNM and does not even read this thread any more.

Note that this is not a criticism - he does an outstanding job with hfslip, and we owe him much (spend money!). I guess it's too much work to maintain both utilities as it requires a lot of trial and error...

Plenty of topics about this already, [...]

I know but I'm not happy with them. I've never used RogueSpears packs so I don't know much about them. But I really prefer building my own packages instead of taking prefabricated ones. Repoducible, in the native language required by me, from original MS installers without external special files, with only the features included that I want, and without too much tedious manual work and hassle. And in case of SNM the tool to provide all this is even a simple plain text script - you can't beat that!

I guess I'm going back to install the .NET releases, service packs and language packs only after installation of Windows, setting the "unattended approach" aside.

Regards,

Tomalak

• 2 weeks later...
Plenty of topics about this already, but to reply again in short, I always install RogueSpear's .NET 1 and 2 silent installer packages via SVCPACK followed by any software depending on them and I install RogueSpear's .NET 3.5 silent installer package via RunOnceEx.

Are your meaninng is, RogueSpear's .net1.1+2.0 go into HFSVCPACK, and RogueSpear's .net3.5 goes into HFGUIRunOnce folder?

Or, .only net3.5 needed use of $OEM$ folder?

Edited by Rogon3

please take a look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/GUIDE-Integratin...P1-t110788.html

I think this is what you are looking for.

It's better than nothing but still not perfect. It relies on the (now unsupported and not maintained - might be a problem in the future) SNM script, and it uses an ugly "install DotNet 2.0 first, then apply DotNet 2.0 SP1" approach. Looking in the "known issues" section you see there are still problems with it...

It would be so great if the authors could cooperate and, with support by the users for testing, create a solution that revives the "a separate package / standalone installer per DotNet version" again. At the moment I just use the full DotNet 3.5 installer after Windows setup to get everything installed I need - I don't care for DotNet 1.1 any more.

Kind regards,

Tomalak

• 1 year later...