WoW

Goody

Ok, this might be a easy answer question but to a newbie like me I can't figure it out for the life of me. What I want to do is create a unattended install of my World of Warcraft game (with expansion) off of one DVD each. Is this possible? If so how?

I have been trying to get it to work off my hard drive but fear that it will only work if everything is on a disc. Am I even going in the right direction? :unsure: o and here is what I have working for Disc one, then i get stuck.

Do

Run("C:\WoW Install Set\WoW\Disc 1\Installer.exe")

WinWait("World of Warcraft Installer")

WinActivate("World of Warcraft Installer")

Send("W")

WinWaitActive("End User License Agreement")

Send("{PGDN 8}")

sleep(1000)

WinActive("End User License Agreement")

Send("A")

WinWaitActive("Installation Destination Directory")

Send("!O")

Until WinActive("")

• 3 weeks later...

Here's something Blizzard has kept well-hidden:

There is an online copy of the install files for users that purchased the game online (an option later removed for unknown reasons). It is distributed in the same method as patches, so unless you happen to own a copy of NetLimiter 2 Pro*, you're going to have to deal with a bit of lag. Anyway, you can get the files easily this way and it works flawlessly. As of the date of this post, you will only need two patches after installing BC to get it running.

*NOTE* It may be possible to skip step one; seems like it may include both BC and WoW, but I'm not sure. If so, then we have an easy project here :)

Here are the download links (in order of installation):

1. WoW Downloader

2. BC Downloader

3. 2.x to 2.3

4. 2.3 to 2.3.2

If you get your AutoIt script working, let me know...I'm in need of the same thing and I'm sad that Blizz doesn't give us an easy way to do this.

The blizzard downloaders required a login to download them, so I reposted on my site (currently under construction, and will be for a while :P)

Enjoy, and good luck!

* NetLimiter 2 Pro has a free trial version available for download on their site. However, the functionality is limited. You will have to register the program in order to gain the functionality mentioned in this article, although free registration info isn't hard to come by for anything nowadays...I blame Anakata...

A visit to wowwiki, and several searches on google, yielded no command line switches for installing WoW.

I'm able to produce an effect using /S that does not occur with other switches, i will look into it more...seems to have some promise over the other switches I have tried. There may be an ability to use an "answer file" using -filename.ext as well.

[EDIT: 1/13/08 10:45PM GMT]

found an app that extracts the torrents from blizzard's downloader...very handy =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Down...#External_links

first link is the one i'm using.

Edited by Over.Kill