Problem with Component removal section.

clintb

Hello all!

I've recently started having problems with the component removal section when, if anything is selected for removal, GUI setup stops with the error:

Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. Error code is 426.  The signature of Windows XP SP1 Professional is invalid. The error code is 800b0100

I normally run my source through nLite after slipstreaming all hotfixes and other things through HFSLIP. The HFSLIP'd disc works perfectly, but once I hit it with nLite and select any components for removal, it crashes during setup. I've tried taking a clean XP SP2 source and integrating all hotfixes with nLite and I still get the same error.

Attached are my HFSLIP and nLite logs.

I'd appreciate any help.

LAST_SESSION.INI

HFSLIP.txt

Edited by clintb

Your problem can be caused by order of integration. Try to sort files by date in nLite, and sort it in that way that hotfixes without date are at top. I know you said that you are using clean source, but when I do that I make a two copies so I don't copy files over and over from CD. But, with time somehow untouched installation got corrupted, so I suggest you to delete folder where you keep CD, create new one and copy XP source file from CD.

Cheers ;)