Nlite XP CD install quits at "Setup is starting windows"

70runner

I've been building progressively more elaborate (addons and such) nlite installs on vista notebook using Virtualbox. All worked perfectly. Decided to go for it today. Booted up nlite XP CD on vista laptop, with XP SATA driver direct from Fujitsu, to do fresh install and everything proceeds normally until early in the loading phase following screen appears:

Setup could not determine the type of computer, or you have chosen to manually specify the computer type. Select from the following list, select “Other” if you have device support disk provided by computer manufacturer.

Standard PC with C-Step i486

Other

If I choose “Other” windows responds with “txtsetup.oem could not be found”, and returns me to the statement above.

When I select Std PC, install/loading files proceeds until freezing at the “Setup is starting windows”. I have to do a hard power down at this point. When I install the same CD on same laptop in virtualbox the screen above does not appear and XP installs perfectly.

Suggestions???

Update: Recopied files from winXP disk (SP1 version). Eliminated SP2 update, dozen addons, and all the components/tweaks. Only option I selected was drivers, added the Sata driver, and made a boot disk. Booted and installed perfectly. So I'm assuming its not a Sata driver issue. Something in the addons or tweaks :unsure: :unsure:

On a hunch attempted a manual install with the full monte: SP2/addons/etc. Got the same results as above...another coaster that only works inside virtualbox.... pls help

SP2 is straight from windows site.

Last session ini: Last_Session.ini

Update 2: nlited SP2 to SP1 source and driver. Worked. At this rate I'll find the problem in, oh, about 3yrs... :rolleyes:

Edited by 70runner