Network Copy Speed

hons

• 4 weeks later...

You mention file copy from "site to site" - what is the link between sites rated for? Is it frame relay, ATM, VPN, etc? Are file copy speeds between machines at each site fast, and is the file copy only slow over the WAN link?

Quick fix might be to hard code the duplex settings of the network card. For instance, change from AutoSensing to 100/MBps or 1000MBps full-duplex.

This shouldn't really be used as a permanent solution. If the hardware and drivers are working properly, auto-sensing should properly account for any problems that might arise.

This shouldn't really be used as a permanent solution. If the hardware and drivers are working properly, auto-sensing should properly account for any problems that might arise.

Yes, but actually, they usually aren't - either the NIC driver is poorly written, or the switch doesn't like the flood of NEGO requests, etc. Don't ever assume the driver or hardware is working properly ;).

Sorry for the late reply.

Our network connected by T1s and some internal connections that suppose have 3MB/s speed. When I tried to copy the files from site to another, it takes long time to finish. I did try to force the NIC to 100MB/s and Full Dulpex but that seems not the case.

Any idea??? :whistle::whistle:

Sorry for the late reply.

Our network connected by T1s and some internal connections that suppose have 3MB/s speed. When I tried to copy the files from site to another, it takes long time to finish. I did try to force the NIC to 100MB/s and Full Dulpex but that seems not the case.

Any idea??? :whistle::whistle:

What about from machine to machine inside one of the sites? Besides, 256Kb is a normal speed for a slow ATM WAN link, so if you're capping at that speed I'd have to doubt your claims of T1 3MB service (or I'd be contacting your ISP right now!).