i integrated no fixes ,only removed somecomponets,

but did it twice ,nothing integrated but the language pack ,god ,

first ,i integrated some components from they are useless to me

but i forgot to creat an iso

after exit vlite, i just make a iso,

but i tested it on VPC2007

after i fomated my Partition, it cant work

the selected language cant be displayed

i choose japanese, of course ,the Vista ultimate comes from microsoft website, 100% clean

does that mean ,i have to install Vista in English

after the installation change the language to Jaanese?

or does it show that i cant move any part out of vista ,and only integrate Japanese language?

that is terrible ,

worst of all ,i cant spare time doing it any more,

exams are on the way,i am a student maybe after these exams i may do it again,

good luck every one.,

Happy New Year to you All!

ScreenShot001.7z

Hey, I just wanted to report a few more issues with the latest version vLite.

I've made two custom vLite installs in the last week or so and both have had these issues. Windows PowerShell installs automatically on both which I don't think ever happened before?

Also even though I select to disable UAC it starts enabled.

Besides that everything is going great. Thanks!

edit: I must have imagined using some tweaks vLite didn't have for the file type and IE settings so I took those out. Sorry about that.

Edited by cbosdell

Hey, I just wanted to report a few more issues with the latest version vLite...

...even though I select to disable UAC it starts enabled.

Same here.Did you check some Compability things to keep?.I choosed:

[Compatibility]

Aero Glass

File and printer sharing (Server)

Internet Explorer

Recommended

Maybe preventing vLite from removing one of these the UAC somehow stays enabled?.I dont know.Maybe its a v1.1 RC bug?.

Edited by Tomorrow

Ye i've noticed UAC still enabled even though im sure i selected disable

in my last session it says "User Account Control (UAC) = Disabled" but yet im still getting alot of UAC pop-ups

Edited by legolash2o

LeveL, hotfixes use winsxs files on "random", meaning they use parts which they update.

Gonna see about removing old versions of course.

shilyro, why is that screenshot on English, it should be Japanese, did you select Japanese in Unattended-Regional-GUI?

cbosdell, PowerShell? Then you're using some tampered installation, that's not part of Vista as far as I know.

UAC tweak broken, confirmed.

LeveL, hotfixes use winsxs files on "random", meaning they use parts which they update.

shilyro, why is that screenshot on English, it should be Japanese, did you select Japanese in Unattended-Regional-GUI?

cbosdell, PowerShell? Then you're using some tampered installation, that's not part of Vista as far as I know.

I'm using the offical retail x64 dvd untouched as my base.

It seems one of the Windows Updates I have installs it. I get my update list from http://aaron-kelley.net/downloads/hotfix/ and it's listed as an update. :-\

Edited by cbosdell

Can this be a problem?

I mainly use english ,but i think i selected Japanese(manual setup removed),but it didnt work.very sorry ,i lost the INI file,just forgot to back it up before i integrate the NVD driver,shameful

however i did succeed once,without the removal of manual setup

but some Japanese characters cant be displayed during installation, i mean they appeared to be like this口口口口,each 口represent a charater ,very unpleasant .so i choose the English language to be displayed ,

but never succeeded,i will try it some day ,thanks ,you are very kind and helpful ,next time ,i will just keep all the configuration files ,just incase,

thanks again, i actually know little about Vlite, but curious to learn more ,

thank you and Nlite is also a great tool, l

shilyro, interesting. Also once when I was testing Arabic language setup failed unless I selected Arabic as the GUI language, very weird and gotta research if that was some coincidence.

Hello, I am running on Vista Home Premium x64, and I have the 4GB problem on my system. I must remove 2 DIMMs to re-install Vista, or I get the BSOD.

I just tried the new vLite 1.1 RC with the new hack built in, and it still doesn't resolve the issue on my system. I know i'm doing everything right, which makes me feel like nothing can be done for me. I'm sure you all can imagine how old it gets having to open the case and take out modules everytime I need to re-install. :(

It's cold and dry this time of year too, static electricity is evil.

Can someone explain this 4GB problem shortly?.I know vista wont install on machines with less than 512MB(thankfully vLite can force it on 256MB).Im planning on getting a new PC sometime this year with 4-8GB of RAM and id hate if i would have to remove some sticks just to reinstall Vista.

maybe not a problem, but my computer with dualcore and 4gb ram used nearly two hours to install all the hotfixes into a vista 64 bit system in vlite, is that normal ?, i am so used to the short time nlite is using so maybe i am bit spoiled

maybe not a problem, but my computer with dualcore and 4gb ram used nearly two hours to install all the hotfixes into a vista 64 bit system in vlite, is that normal ?, i am so used to the short time nlite is using so maybe i am bit spoiled

Just integrate hotfixes or total configuration? Anyway it's too long, be sure not to keep antivirus checking all files, set it to scan on execute only, or disable if you are not sure how to set and see how it goes.

If you don't have an antivirus active then avoid any tasks in the background.

Also there are two .NET hotfixes (NetFX2.0-KB110806 and NetFX3.0-KB929300) which take very long, if you use them.

And last it's how MS made the integration, and this mounted image editing is slowing it down even more. Btw SP1 installation is 1hour on a live machine so yeah...at least we don't have to suffer the bloated os after the install.

Hi, nuhi... I'd love to try something like that, but this is a Dell XPS 720 system, and unfortunately I have no options in the BIOS to raise my voltages. This is PC2-8500 memory, so it's already running 2.2v with EPP/SLI, but I dunno if that matters much or not.

Sucks to be hit with a rare problem like this, does this happen with Windows XP x64 too?

Heinosity, not that I know of.

Thing is are you sure that 929777 is the one which helps you after install? If you could test without hotfixes, then install them one by one, of course starting from the 929777, and see if it is actually the only hotfix you need to solve that issue or it's some other as well. If it's with the another one then I can help.