registry tweak adding

craigdh

Take the .REG file and convert it to .INF using Reg2Inf by n7Epilson (just drop reg2inf.exe in system32 and use this command)

reg2inf "regfilename.reg" "anyname.inf"

then create a entries_whatever.ini and add something like this

[general]
builddate=2007/11/05
description=Registry Tweaks for nLite.
language=English
title=nLite RegTweaks
version=1.6
website=

[registry_addreg]
; Add your converted reg to inf string here

Zip the Entries_*.ini and integrate it with nLite

To verify that your inf AddReg has been successfully added to nLite.inf look in you i386 folder and expand nLite.in_ and look for the [CT] section

Ricks_RegTweaks_AddOn.rar

Edited by ricktendo64

i do it runonce method.

create $oem$\$1\install into the xp seup cd

make your reg tweak and name it tweaks.reg

nlite runonce menu add this command

regedit.exe /s %systemdrive%\install\tweaks.reg

sory for my english :)

Thanks man nice and clean

Not really as the scripts will remain on your hard disk, which is not required and they will only take up space, which most people want to avoid who use nLite as they want the smallest installation possible.

Not really as the scripts will remain on your hard disk, which is not required and they will only take up space, which most people want to avoid who use nLite as they want the smallest installation possible.

What exactly do you mean by this statement. What I'm asking, I decided to do it this way, my 'tweaks.reg' was only 2.57KB's. The process was easy and it worked. I did find it afterwords on my C:\Install and then I just deleted it, as it was no longer needed. But the steps did work, easily.

Thanks for my further education.

Eddie

What exactly do you mean by this statement. What I'm asking, I decided to do it this way, my 'tweaks.reg' was only 2.57KB's. The process was easy and it worked. I did find it afterwords on my C:\Install and then I just deleted it, as it was no longer needed. But the steps did work, easily.

Yes, it does work, but it would be much more nice if you would add your tweaks straight from CD-ROM, so that they don't need to be copied to your hard disk first, taking up space (even though it's only a few KB's), possibly fragmenting your hard disk and so that there is no need to remove these files from your hard disk afterwards. I'm a perfectionist; I like to do it as nice and proper as possible ;) but if you're satisfied with your current method, then just stick to it.

I did find it afterwords on my C:\Install and then I just deleted it, as it was no longer needed.

if you want to delete automatically c:\install folder

you should add this command nlite runonce menu after your last command

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

• 9 months later...
i do it runonce method.

create $oem$\$1\install into the xp seup cd

make your reg tweak and name it tweaks.reg

nlite runonce menu add this command

regedit.exe /s %systemdrive%\install\tweaks.reg

sory for my english :)

Hi

I just tried with %source% instead of %systemdrive%, and tested it in vmware and it works like a charm.

My procedure was to create a folder in the working folder, like, "tweaks" and copy the reg files there.

In nLite's runonce menu, add regedit.exe /s %source%\tweaks\tweaks.reg

It will then merge the reg files directly from your installation source (usually CD/DVD drive) and leave no obsolete folders or files on your harddrive

DAx

PS: I know that this thread is over 9 months old, but couldn't find anything matching