Sysprep Creator

iTwins

When my company's statistics for 2006/2007 showed that on average an engineer needs to spend 14+ hours to migrate a user's data from one system to another, I immediately went looking for a solution. Now with the help of Sysprep Creator, that time is shorten to less than 3 hours *** In addition, I have now created a Sysprep Image that works on any systems used in my corporation and not having to worry about getting BSoD.

*** With the help of Microsoft's ImageX and migrating 22 Gb of data from a Dell Latitude D410 to a Dell Precision 390 Workstation (RAID1)

Sysprep Creator was inspired by Vernalex's excellent Sysprep tutorial but added versatility and compatibility in addition. Think of Sysprep Creator an enhancement of Vernalex's Sysprep tutorial.

29562110iz4.png

Sysprep Creator was tested migrating to and from the following combination of systems over a 3 month period:

Microsoft Virtual PC 2004/2007 ***and VMware Workstation v5.x/6.x configured for Buslogic IDE/SCSI and LSI Logic SCSI HDDs (Virtual)

Dell Optiplex GX240, GX260, GX270, GX280, GX520 745 and 755 (Desktops)

Dell Latitude X1, X300, D410, D420, D430, D430 (with SSD), D610, D620 and D630 (Laptops)

Dell Precision 380, 390 and T3400 (Workstations)

My home computers: 4 desktops and 4 notebooks of various processors and RAID/AHCI/SATA/SCSI/IDE configurations

...and how can I forget....the Asus EeePC 4GB SSD / 512MB version!

The following systems were also tested but with limited device driver support:

Lenovo Thinkpad X41 Tablet PC, X60, X60 Tablet PC, X61 Tablet PC (Laptops)

Dell Latitude XT Tablet PC (Laptop)

HP Compaq nc6400 (Laptop)

Hope you find this helpful. It has certainly help both my work and at home.

*** ACPIPIC HAL must be manually set in Sysprep.inf. This is normally performed at the time of restoring image.

Download

v1.2 Build 071223 from Rapidshare: 2 x files. Total size is 146 Mb:

Sysprep Creator v1.2 Build 071223 - Part 1

Sysprep Creator v1.2 Build 071223 - Part 2

Part 1 MD5 Hash: 552BFEF5E07FAFE00062AC34C57DD688

Part 2 MD5 Hash: C222E9DB6A1AE0E34F77107306292433

Use HJSplit to rejoin files. Download HJSplit here: http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32

Sysprep Creator v1.2 Build 071223 Usage Guide.pdf

Known issue:

Encountered a very strange issue. For some reason when Sysprep Creator is used on VMware Workstation v6.x configured for LSI Logic 1020/1030 SCSI HDD and migrated to an Intel ICH9R (IASTOR.SYS) system configured for AHCI mode, the system will always BSoD. However, if the target system is configured for Intel ICH9R RAID0/1/5/10 mode, it always works. I suspect it may have something to do with the VMware Tools but no concrete evidence. And no fix yet.

Edited by iTwins

Nice idea... but how does it work exactly?? :blink:

There are actually two main purposes for such a product:

1) Migrate user data and applications from one type of computer system to another without the need to reinstall everything

2) Create an image that works on any type of hardware configuration

Cheers

Nice idea... but how does it work exactly?? :blink:

There are actually two main purposes for such a product:

1) Migrate user data and applications from one type of computer system to another without the need to reinstall everything

2) Create an image that works on any type of hardware configuration

Cheers

Do you have a guide on how to use it? :thumbup

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit on Dell Inspiron 6400.

I'm a non-techy, single laptop, and probably the only person in the world who can't get vLite to work :)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=133877

I want to slipstream SP1 into my Vista DVD so that I can do repair installs if needed. (Not needed yet :) )

Can I use Sysprep Creator to create a bootable DVD?