Removal of RtlGina2.dll

Huey

With this file onboard (RtlGina2.dll)I can't set up my computer to switch users. My logon is the only logon that appears after reboot. I tried to remove this file but no dice!! Help please!! :wacko:

OK, your question is not very clear but it appears that an administrator has implemented a custom GINA dll on your oomputer. It's possible it was something installed by a program that needs to interact with your logon. Or, maybe a sysadmin installed it because of some feature that needed to be added. If this is a computer that belongs to your employer, don't change anything, since it'll probably get you in trouble. If it's your own computer, I would recommend making sure none of the applications you have installed require it, and if none do, removing the following registry value:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL

Which should make your computer go back to the normal GINA.

The system32 folder is a normal place for a custom GINA dll.

Here's some more specific info:

hit start > run. Type "regedit" (no quotes). then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and find the value named "GinaDLL". Right-click it and choose delete. Yes you want to. If you have certain types of security software, such as spybot, it may flip out and not be happy that you're changing it, click ok or allow or whatever. Then close the window and reboot.

Please note that editing the registry, particularly in the winlogon section, can mess up your computer if you do something wrong, so be careful and don't go around changing random stuff.