few issues with my unattend install

hey eveybody,

i made a bootable install of fresh xp + sp2 it developers + alot of hot fixes (grabbed almost everything from the windows update downloader)

now when i ran the setup on the computer, i had 2 issues:

first, at the first install, the setup got stuck on 'remainning 33mins..' although the information screen kept changing on informin whats new with xp, the install process got stucked.

i restarted the machine, and setup resumed the installation. then i got an error saying i gave an invaild key to the unattend installation file. i fixed the key issue and setup continued.

is that was the problem? i mean, why wouldnt the setup notice me on the first time i had a problem with the key? can it be something else with the img?

now on the second install, when it extracted & installed the addition files i added, i got this error message:

"unregmp2.exe - unable to locate component.

The application failed to start beause WMDRMSDK.DLL wass not found.

Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

i got this message like 4-5 times, and then setup continued without problems.

thanks in advance fellas!

It sounds to me like you're doing too many things at once. First try to get your unattended installation working properly. Once it works, integrate any hotfixes. Test again and once it works properly, you can add any applications for example. Test after every step. This will also make it easier to find out which specific item is causing a problem.

thats exactly what im doing now..

i tried again to make the unattend install + sp + hotfixes, it worked but since its OEM key it requires to activate.

now im tring to install only the default I386 folder, with the key and will see if it works. i dont mind to have only the xp+sp2 cd, because its only backup cd for my laptop..

but testing the img step by step is great idea, thanks.