bandwidth controllin in wireless network!

Woomera

some home workstations are connecting to internet through a wireless access point which is connected to an adsl modem.i was wondering if theres a way to control the bandwidth of the workstations of this network? forexample a client-server based program which shows the list of current networks hosts and allow to control the bandwidth of those which has he client installed...

Thanks alot for any help/info on this...

Depends on your network setup and router. SOme gateway/router solutions allow you to set max transfer rates based on MAC.

That would be a manageable switch, and not wireless. A server with ISA would be nice but expensive.

All depends on what you want to spend. There are some cheap wireless routers for about 60USD that can filter and manage traffic well in combination with QOS and a 3rd firmware, mostly Linux based like Tomato.

well i was looking for a software to do this but a hardware bandwidth controller will be much better i guess...

seems like netlimiter has the bandwidth controlling based on diffrent network configurations...though i was looking for a free one :}

seems like netlimiter has the bandwidth controlling based on diffrent network configurations...
Never worked for me, it’s a program that you use on the local machine so users can modify it...

I’m sure QOS will do what you want. Only problem you will have is with encrypted torrent links or when they throw everything over port 80... So let’s hope the “users” don’t know those things ;).