NLite Tweaks/Remove Components broken - SP3 v3264

Banditbond

Guys, like Vista SP1, this Service Pack has some "tools" against piracy. There are a file, wscenter.mo_, that isn't updated by the Slipstream if you're using a known bad key. Try to see if it's present on i386 folder after the update. I discovered this because I use IIS and when I tried to install it, the file was missing.

Just FTR, I'm using a legit key. Corporate network, personal laptop, consultant, long story.

(At least, I assume it's a legit key. I don't have anything to do with software licensing here. It passes WGA checks for Microsoft/Windows Update, downloads, and the like.)

And, in a quick update, it looks like nLite is happily taking the presets I used for SP3 3264 last night and running with them on a vanilla SP2 slipstream. I'm actually seeing it applying Kel's runtimes, Rogue Spear's .NET 2.0 and 3.5-lite, and other cabinets that it wouldn't touch last night. With luck, maybe it'll apply the users, passwords, and other junk that wasn't working before. I bet this one's going to work. If it doesn't, I'll post an update.

Got three pop-ups for device detection during install: "Plug and Play monitor." Drivers auto-installed after a few mouse clicks. Other than that, completely uneventful, and the only thing that didn't work was the .NET 3.5 install. All the other add-ons and hotfixes slid in with no problems.

There's definitely something about 3264.

After put the missed file, I got no problems. Even Net 3.5 installed without problems and Visual Web Development 2K8 Express. The Security Center is removed and all the things I always did on previous versions. I extracted the pack using 7zip and slipstream it manually. After this, integrated MP11 and NLited, integrating IE7. As it's a Service Pack the source was a clean XP SP2, without any updates.

remember that SP3 RCxx 'releases' have a 180 day 'time bomb' in them.

You don't want to install it on any system that you intend to keep running for more than 180 days and you sure as hell don't want to integrate it into an ISO you're going to want to use in the future.