NLite Tweaks/Remove Components broken - SP3 v3264

Banditbond

Im having the same issue

Oh great :)

So now gotta see why. Didn't look like a big mistake at first glance so it's probably some new file or they added it to some other INF.

chris, in setuperr.log.

Correct I think so also, because the error ocurs during "Copying Files" part of the install (it jumps straight to Start Menu Items) which tells me its probably a CopyFiles error in a INF or a missing INF

It happens pretty early in the Copying Files too, so it should be easy to find

@nuhi

I also seem to have a lot of problems while nliting sp3 3264.

The comodo firewall addon v.276 didn't work and many other things were broken, like no iexlporer, no quick launch etc. (Addons may need a more refining as you said).

But when I replicated same lastsession.ini with earliest sp3, ie, 3205 (as I have deleted my 3244 sp repository), I found I had no problem whatsoever which I faced using sp3-3264.

I even tried not using IE7 and WMP11 addons also.

Last_Session_3205_.ini

Edited by clavicle

@nuhi

Thanks, firstly I missed your earlier advisory, but later I used it with security centre selected. But still I found my bits of problems like, my raid drives keep getting installed even after second reboot and theme not getting applies. I think these are minor problems, which will be taken care of.

Thanks and merry christmas!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'd just like to add that I'm experiencing issues with 3264 and nLite as well. I used nlite and 3244 with no problems, but I can't make a working 3264-slipstreamed install (en_US). I've tried with and without the 3244 presets; I've tried with and without integrated drivers; I've tried with and without integrated hotfixes.

What I keep getting is an XPSP3 install that works fine -- no errors at all during nLite's run -- until I try to get sound working on the XP install. The drivers (Sigmatel HD audio on Intel G945) insist that there's no supported hardware present, and the Windows device manager claims that there's an "Unknown PCI" device that I can't install any drivers for.

About the only thing I haven't tried is a slipstream of SP3 with no nLite usage whatsoever. That's next.

ETA: I'd like to provide logs/presets, but I'm using this in a corporate environment with some sensitive things in the presets, including the corp product key, and I don't have the time to go through the logs or presets and remove the things that corporate security wouldn't want me giving out. Sorry.

Edited by xnguard

ETA: I'd like to provide logs/presets, but I'm using this in a corporate environment

NLITE IS NOT FOR CORPORATE USE!!!

Yep, that's why I haven't told Desktop Support that I'm using it. :)

ETA: Actually, I should clarify that: personal laptop.

Edited by xnguard

Well, I haven't figured out why nLite isn't integrating hotfixes or drivers properly with SP3 3264, but I found my own answer for why I couldn't install sound drivers. There's no UAA support in SP3, none planned before RTM, and the existing UAA hotfix that's included with most HD audio drivers (like the Sigmatel HD) refuses to install on SP3.

So, that, at least, isn't nLite's fault.

(I'd like to know why SP3 includes SDHC reader support, but not UAA, considering how many more systems have UAA audio devices than SDHC readers hanging off a native system bus.)

Guys, like Vista SP1, this Service Pack has some "tools" against piracy. There are a file, wscenter.mo_, that isn't updated by the Slipstream if you're using a known bad key. Try to see if it's present on i386 folder after the update. I discovered this because I use IIS and when I tried to install it, the file was missing.