NLite Tweaks/Remove Components broken - SP3 v3264

Banditbond

Hi,

It seems that nLite has some problems when working with the RC1 of Windows XP SP3 Build 3264.

nLite seems to work fine, XP setup works fine, but components which were selected to be removed are still there after finishing the setup.

Furthermore serveral tweaks are no longer working.

(some work, others not - e.g. all context menu twaeks for the workplace icon does not work, xp tour is not removed, ...)

When working with Build 3234 one week ago, using the same nLite settings, everything works fine.

I used a clean XP Pro SP2 CD - German locale

This issues are also reported by some other users at the german-nlite forum Forum-Topic (Page 5)

Banditbond

That sounds impossible, try for a moment to not think it's a bug and tell us how you did it exactly and attach the preset.

Did you integrate SP3 after removals or what?

I don't understand that link and if you are implying on the cdkey it's normal, not my doing.

Hi,

okay, I will try to describe it a litte bit better:

I used nLite 1.4.1 to integrate SP3 RC1 Build 3234 into XP Pro SP2. I also used nLite to remove some Components and selected some Tweaks from the Tweaks section. (Like i did 1000 times before)

Everything works perfect, no probs with SP3

Yesterday MS released Build 3264.

I created another CD, using this build and exactly the same nLite settings (see attached file - german)

LETZTE_SESSION.INI

After installing XP I noticed that XP offers me the Welcome-Tour, even I have selected to remove it.

(some other components are not removed also)

Furthermore many selected Tweaks have not been applied or does not work any more.

e.g. Tweaks section -> My Computer -> all tweaks, or "Disable Open Web Prompt" and many many more.

I have tested it several times.

Sorry for the link, it will be only interesting for people who speak german. I wanted to show that there are some other

people who reported the same problems when using build 3264. Maybe it is an problem with the german version of XP or the SP3.

BTW, sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm trying to describe the problem es good as possible.

Greetings from Paderborn, Germany

Banditbond

Edited by Banditbond

Tried your preset with sp3 3264 and it was all fine.

Also no one else reported this, 3234 is not that different than 3264, since 3234 worked for you I have nothing more to add.

Delete your nLite folder, xp setup files, reinstall nLite, recopy clean files, integrate sp3, exit nlite, copy xpsp3integrated as a backup, then modify with your preset.

ok, thank you for testing.

Now i'm sure that there is no nLite bug but something wrong with my settings.

BTW: Keep up your great work ! I'm using nLite for a long time now and it makes me loving XP !

Edited by Banditbond

Hi!

I have a problem with SP3. :unsure:

I used that preset (in attachment) with SP2, and it always worked fine.

But with SP3 (3264) it don't :(

Windows Installer doesn't install many components. Installer "installs networking components", then it "Copies files", and after that step there should be installation of such components as COM+, Terminal Services, etc. But it "jumps" to the Start menu items setup. After the installation process there are no components which should be installed during the skipped step.

I am using original Windows XP Professional SP2 CD with SP3 v.3264 integrated.

Last_Session.ini

Thanks for nLite program, nice work !

I have also problem with the new sp3 3264. Then i thirst try sp3 3244 everithin work fine, i toke exacly same settting from the old 3244, but it dosent work for my only few changes... I dont undestand it. I used sam settings..

:unsure:

Now this thread will attract everyone with any kind of issue. SP3 is not that different people.

BUT addons might not work until the addon authors adapt, if it's needed.

Asmer, try without wmp11 and dont' remove CAT files.

streamer_, try without integrating anything else except sp3 if you do, just to see if that is it.

Thanks for answer.

I use orginal eng verision sp2, and only intigrate sp3 v3264. nothing more, no driver , no addons, only same tweaks i used from ( in same condision ) sp3 v 3244. And i always make new cd:s from scratch...

/thank streamer

Hi streamer,

seems to be the same problem i have.

Tweaks does not work, even when there is nothing more integrated than sp3.

nuhi tested my settings, works fine for him.

tried it several times today, it doesn't work for me. maybe i will try an "blank" xp without sp2.