Japanese slipstreamed XP crashes during setup

Kaneda

Hey all,

after I got my English version running I tried the same in Japanese. However, it always failed. First I tried it on my PC but then I thought maybe the English OS is a problem, so I created it on a Japanese PC, but I always get the BSOD as in the attached screenshot.

Ini is also attached, I only slipstream Hotfixes and IE7 + unattended install. Any ideas?

Thx for any help!

regards,

kaneda

LastIni.INI

post-164319-1198141262_thumb.jpg

Exactly what did you slipstream?

SP2? If not then do so. I had a problem that my current CPU model (and perhaps RAM) was not detected (during setup without SP2, got past this with SP2) so I updated to SP2 (would've done it either way) but XP wouldn't detect it under like the system info, so some softwares wouldn't work at all. Had to switch over to Vista cuz of this....

Hardware specc would be appreciated ;)

edit: and yes, this was under an Japanese version

Edited by Chrno

SP2 is already included on the CD, I pretty much slipstream all hotfixes/patches since 10/2004. Besides that, only two updates from the non-critical tab. But no extra stuff, not even the Windows Installer 3.1., also no drivers.

Attached ini shows the patchlist, no packs but all downloaded myself.

The last tests were on VirtualPC, but the same error came on an X40 IBM notebook. In between actually one CD worked I remember now, strange thing is that I didn't change anything, just added more hotfixes. Before that CD 4 tests didn't work and after that CD too... strange...

Have you tried sorting hotfixes by build date? I see that KB944653 is first then oldest below it and so on just because of it's file name.

First sort them by build date, then move ie7 below them and ie7 hotfixes below the ie7 itself, like you did. But that first hotfix is too new to be first.

If that doesn't help then try integrate half then other half and see where it fails. When you find it I'll be willing to investigate and fix if necessary.

Also you could start by excluding IE6 hotfixes if any, or IE7 and it's hotfixes.

thx for the advice.

At the moment I try to re-create the one running disc I actually had before. There are some issues with making a Japanese install on a English PC (for example theme names are not displayed correctly), I will give you some more info on that later.

Until now I was under the impression that - besides the big ones like IE7 - the order doesn't matter because nLite takes care? But I will try the build date order, abd if the build date is missing I should go be KB number I guess?

Or do you generally recommend to sort by build date instead of auto-sort/KB-nr sort?

Anyway, I will go on vacation tomorrow, so more updates and bugreports on this will come in January. In any way merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup