Backup Drive Wrong Size?

smithxi

xp pro and sp2 is installed. It detected the correct size before, but then i tried to format it again from the windows xp cd and ever since it's showed up as 126gbs. I tried again and the same problem, I've even tried formatting it from windows and the same problem occurs.

SP2 is installed but your CD is not SP2, right ? You should have formatted it from within XP not booting from the CD. Someone might come up with an elegant solution, I never had that problem. Biggest drive here is 40Gb. :blushing:

also i am wondering, is it illegal to download a torrent of an XP SP2 disk? as long as you have your own cd key and all i would assume that you would be fine, but i am not sure.

Yes, downloading any software that isn't otherwise available for download via Bit Torrent is illegal. For Microsoft products, the only way that you can legally get the disc is from a licensed retailer (your computer store) or from Microsoft themselves.

I'm with ripken on this one. Slipstream SP2 into your XP CD and install from there. Not only will things work out a bit cleaner, but you'll also be able to use all that 300GB of space. ;)