Image is to high and is off the edge of the screen ?

Cti

I am pretty sure the taskbar is higher than it should be .. which results in the media player being off the screen ..

I though it just needs to be centered as kels said.. I have not had the chance to talk to him yet ...

You mean just the one app's bar is off-screen?

nope all apps wmp just shows it most prominently. this is my monitor: http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=44 this problem was non-existent in vista but I went back to XP recently and thats when it came up. there is no option 2 center it (yes, i no that seems weird but ya...it isnt in the options menu 4 my monitor).

That is exactly what I told him, he said something about not having that :wacko:

When you change OS, the output of the VGA card can produce a shifted image.TFT don't have buttons to schrink the image, but they have an "Automatic Adjust" button or function. Sometimes, you have to push it for 2 seconds.

The WMP on the screeshot seems maximized so it's not a matter of moving the window.

• 2 weeks later...
Another idea.... Try playing with monitor resolution and refresh rate from the videocard driver (usually right-click on desktop ---> properties [set the resolution] ---> advanced [set the refresh rate]).

ive tried that, no other options besides 60. ive also tried messing with resolution and that didnt help either. Im going to try wiping my video drivers and installing new ones again. I have a 8800 GTX btw.

EDIT: installing the latest nvidia drivers (169.28) did not fix it still :(

EDIT2:

good point I am moving to the hardware section.

because I used a unattended XP install my friend made.

Ive looked and there is nothing for resizing or anything on my monitor

Edited by enterman

• 2 weeks later...