Windows Renovatio

Xstyle

I really understand what u are saying, i really do.... What programs crashes with those files? I want to test it myself.

Sorry about that uploading server....

30764204lw3.th.png

98818923me3.th.png

62184040jh0.th.png

31354348es1.th.png

38828539ms0.th.png

Edited by Xstyle

I really understand what u are saying, i really do.... What programs crashes with those files? I want to test it myself.

Magix Studio V2000

Magix Piano & Keyboard Workshop 2nd Edition

Magix Hip Hop Music Maker

Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 3.0

Pwledit.exe Password Cache List Editor 4.0.0.950

You have to buy the Magix software

Now all these programs works great when i don't install

Revolution Pack, Lupus,Option 3 from 98SE2ME because they all use the same

Explorer.exe Shell32.dll etc.....

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

K....i'll see how this programs will behave with my project....

Until then i've finished my webview....(in folders). To the control panel i want to look for something else....

Oau...i found some useful information...new options in the Folder options-advanced settings, look:

71726056eq5.th.png

34792804vp4.th.png

12299787ap5.th.png

Edited by Xstyle

I suggest in the future to realize a possible solution to replace icons directly in windows 9x system files.

Vista transformation pack does a similar thing including resource hacker utility and recalling it using some commands.

It's better to use Auto-Patcher or Unofficial SP by Gape to tweak all system files before application of windows renovatio.

Edited by Max_04

Good news..i've finished the first version(step1-the fundation) of my project and i really want some testers.....so here it is. It's archived mode and u need IE6 and unofficial sp2.1a installed on your machine for this to work. To install run 1.bat, after that an inf installer will proceed. Why this rush?? Because i'll be out of town for a few days...so....here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/89704178/Renovatio_0.1.rar

17582920cx7.th.png

80088738rd3.th.png

In the future...when i learn more about scripts and other stuff i'll make some icon packs for this project(when i'll finish the entire project,this is only step one). Tango packs, crystal packs, osx...etc.

See u in a few days...... :whistle:

Edited by Xstyle

In the future...when i learn more about scripts and other stuff i'll make some icon packs for this project(when i'll finish the entire project,this is only step one). Tango packs, crystal packs, osx...etc.

See u in a few days...... :whistle:

:sneaky:

i have installed Renovatio on my localised system. it works - system is starting, and after all i have full one language system. before that i had three languages in one system :) now i have only one language - english.

if somebody do this with localized system he will boot safely, but all directories with links and control panels will be empty. can be fixed manualy.

Skinning engine here is more likely able to crash if i spam too many windows. Also Video Mixing Renderer has vanished from all settings. i cannot view videos using this renderer - probably caused by quarz.dll

Although I don't mind the spartan look of Win98, I'm really impressed by your project. :thumbup

Does your modification work with the localized (in my case Polish) versions of Win98SE?

98se PL (and propably other non-english)

Small problem:

"Clean/delete"

-Menu start /Programs + / Autostart

-Quick launch afther second reboot ;}

-Firefox lost settings, but Opera work fine :)

-Sometimes mix Polish and English language (no problem)

Disturbing:

Exploler "tree is ok", but in all folders every time I must press widok/list = view/list

I fix it by Total Commander ; ] (free commander dont work ;] )

clipboard01yu5.th.jpg

Without Me files ?

In future boot logo ~ Vista?

eh only english version :huh:

tlcmnd work ok

Overall

Good work, go ahead! :thumbup:)

Edited by perzadam