Acquiring Network Address continously

Ast

Sorry if it is wrong topic.

Maybe someone knows what the problem is.It started some days ago - every time i boot up computer i find LAN icon in tray in state "Acquiring Network Address" continously.I cannot connect to internet using my VPN connection cause of it.If i disable and after this enable LAN it acquire network address instantly and i can connect.But it is annoying to do it every time.Any ideas how to fix it please. :unsure:

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ast

i connected directly to USB modem with USB cable.I use Windows XP Pro.I have also Vista installed on 2nd drive and i have no such problem in Vista.So it is not bad cable.Something wrong with my Windows XP i guess.Another weird thing i just noticed i don't have service WORKSTATION in my services list :blink: can it be because i installed yesturday service pack 3?And important to mention that this problem with "acquiring network address" started a week before i installed service pack 3.And i am not sure since when my XP started to miss service WORKSTATION .Seems to me it is very important service how come it disapeared???

• 3 weeks later...