GUIDE: Download Everything Microsoft (MSDBuild v5.5)

Currently, I'm not at a PC with all of the downloads at the moment to check the version. However, the download URL I provided for Windows Update Agent, both in the Guide and in MSDownload.ulz, is static and will always download the most recent version of WUA for you. Just re-download it to get the current version.

@DarkShadows thank you for your reply

when tried install the MSDownloads.exe in real pc not the VM with unatteneded istallduring T-13 from CMDLINES.TXT it worked well & let me istall WMP with silent install /Q & bypass GENU check & also i can update from Microsoft Sites with no problems

& checked the autoexec file properties in IE found ok not damaged

* i'll try to chech again the batch file thankyou

@ andrewcrawford

try download it from

http://kenalcock.fileave.com/MSDBuild.exe

@DarkShadows thank you for your reply

when tried install the MSDownloads.exe in real pc not the VM with unatteneded istallduring T-13 from CMDLINES.TXT it worked well & let me istall WMP with silent install /Q & bypass GENU check & also i can update from Microsoft Sites with no problems

& checked the autoexec file properties in IE found ok not damaged

* i'll try to chech again the batch file thankyou

@ andrewcrawford

try download it from

http://kenalcock.fileave.com/MSDBuild.exe

Excellent thanks

Thank you for the guide, excellent work.

A tip for Windows XP (Spanish) users:

In order for the package to work, you must change the following line of SFX-MSC.cmd before running MSBuild.cmd

Ver | find / i "Version 5.1"> NUL 2> & 1 (original line)
Ver | find / i "5.1"> NUL 2> & 1 (edited line)

You must do the same in each line of MSBuild.cmd

Ver | Find /I "5.0" > Nul 2>&1
If Not ErrorLevel 1 Set WinVer=2000
Ver | Find /I "5.1" > Nul 2>&1
If Not ErrorLevel 1 Set WinVer=XP
Ver | Find /I "6." > Nul 2>&1
If Not ErrorLevel 1 Set WinVer=Vista
Ver | Find /I "7." > Nul 2>&1
If Not ErrorLevel 1 Set WinVer=7

With these changes, the MSDowloads.exe will install all ActiveX Controls.

Edited by hipo_loco

MSDownloadsESN v1.01

hipo_loco MSDownloadsESN WUD List v1.01

Author: Rodrigo Fernandez (hipo_loco on MSFN.org)

Last Update: 08:00 PM 2009-03-27

Helpful Notes:

• This list is maintained only for Windows XP x86 Spanish.

Changelog:

• v1.0 (2009-03-25):

- First release.

- Changed OGAControl.cab, LegitCheckControl.cab and Windows Update Agent download links.

- Changed KB898461 and KB905474 download links for their Spanish versions.

- KB905474 updated to version 1.9.0040.0.

• v1.01 (2009-03-27):

- Updated MSBuild information (I'm very detailed :P )

Credits:

• Kenneth R. Alcock (DarkShadows on MSFN.org) for his excellent work in creating the script and explain how to edit this file.

• My girlfriend, for having so much patience ^^

post-230767-1238194981_thumb.jpg

MSDownloadsESN.ulz

Edited by hipo_loco

@hipo_loco Thanks for your contribution! :thumbup

I updated the MSDBuild.exe version and release date and added it to the Guide in the 1st post.

@Everyone

Guide and MSDBuild updated to v5.3 Please read the Version History in the first post for more information. B)

-DS

[RANT]It figures that Microsoft would radically change how a key Windows Update is packaged and then release it almost immediately after I published the last version of MSDBuild up here on MFSN.org. :realmad:[/RANT]

• 2 weeks later...

"ObjectiveTo: Integrate the following into an unattended XPCD for Windows XP SP2/SP3 (with either Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7 integrated"

I really appreciate your hard work, and I have been successfully using your integration method for some time now on IE7 systems. I am curious if there are any plans to update it to work with IE8, now that IE8 has been officially released.

Obviously, I tried the same procedure, and so far, it has not worked for me. Please forgive my ignorance, but perhaps it is as simple as downloading IE8 specific files instead of IE7 ones?

I am still working on integrating SP3, Internet Explorer 8, and all post-SP3 windows updates and hotfixes into a Windows XP source myself. And all of that must pass my testing on-its-own, before I attempt to apply the concepts discussed in this guide to Windows XP SP3 and IE8.

I just spent over 64 hours of integrating and installing Windows XP in Virtual PC, once every 45 minutes, removing different windows updates and software packages until I finally narrowed down that a critical issue I was encountering was not even related to IE8 but is an Integration Issue with KB960680-v2.

So long-story-short, it will be a while longer before I can update and certify this guide for use with IE8; but, yes, there are plans to do so.

I found the posting for this program and thought I'd try it - looked very interesting. :thumbup

Everything downloaded and appeared to work as advertised; except for the instructions:

Here's how to add MSDownloads.exe to your XPCD (use A or B, not both): see * below for problem(s). :blushing:

a. From SVCPack (T-13):

1. Copy MSDownloads.exe to XPCD Source\I386\SVCPACK

* 2. Add a MSDownloads.exe entry to XPCD Source\I386\svcpack.inf, under... This is where the problem arises, the file is compressed as svcpack.in_ because it was created with the RyanVM Integrator when I used the Integrator to update and add addons to my XP Pro w/SP3 CD. :angry:

I checked the original source CD - no SVCPACK.INF.

I checked the XP Pro w/SP3 CD - same - file is SVCPACK.IN_ (Used AutoStreamer to integrate SP3 with my original.)

I checked the XP Pro w/SP3 CD that I updated with the RyanVM Integrator and it is also SVCPACK.IN_

The other option:

b. From Cmdlilines.txt (T-12):

1. Copy ...

* 2. Add a MSDownloads.exe entry to XPCD Source\$OEM$\cmdlines.txt won't work as that file does not exist and no example was given in the Guide as to the correct format. :angry:

So, what can I do, if anything, to add MSDownloads to my XPCD Source?

I read through all the postings above this one to see if I had missed something and can only assume no else has used the RyanVM Integrator to update their Source XPCDs.

If I did miss something then please tell me what and point out where.

Thanks.