Is there a way to load a batch file

clivebuckwheat

While windows is loading, BEFORE SOMEONE HAS LOGGED ON?. I have tried some of the service utilities, they don't seem to work all that well. I am confident someone on here has succeeded in doing this, I am trying to set the default printer before someone has logged in.

Edited by clivebuckwheat

Launch the group policy editor:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc

Left Pane:

Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings ->Scripts (startup/shutdown)

Right Pane double click startup

Click add

click browse and select your startup script.

clcikc OK twice

Close Group policy editor

although a work around I use is when I install the printers on computer startup I make sure that the one I want as the default printer has a name that is alphabetically before the other printers. I seems to default to the printer that is first in the alphabet...

But if you have a script that sets the default at computer startup, please post that script as I would be very interested to know how to do this.

Sorry, missed this was for a printer. That you will have to do as a user logon script. Same procedure as startup scripts only under the user configuration not computer configuration.

Launch the group policy editor:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc

Left Pane:

Local Computer Policy -> User Configuration -> Windows Settings ->Scripts (Logon/logoff)

Right Pane double click logon

Click add

click browse and select your startup script.

clcikc OK twice

Close Group policy editor

there is a away via batch cmd it will install when the user logs in it will run all you do is specify a printer i have the script save here on my server i can help you with it if you get me names of printers and weather they are local or network i think it will work i haven't used it in awhile i did this for a compnay i worked for.