.net framework 3 and 3sp1

emailaya

hi

in windowsupdate. .net framework 3 and 3sp1 weighs around 50mb each

in MS download site it weighs around 2-2.5 each

any explanation about that?

where can i download for "offline" use, the installation files of 3 and 3sp1?

thanks

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

look about halfway down under instructions for the full. and then look at the bottom for a link to sp1

thank you very much for 3, but i didnt find the full package for 3sp1

any ideas?

thanks

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

the download size is 2.4mb while the full pack is around 50mb

i couldnt find the full pack of 3sp1

thank you for the link

"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 1."

it means i only need to install framework 1.1 and framework 1.1sp1 and framework 2 and framework 3

and then install framework 3.5?

(meaning: i dont need to install the framework 2sp1 and 3sp1 bcoz 3.5 includes them?)

thanks

not 100% sure but i think you don't need to install framework 2 either,

just do 1.1, 1.1sp1, 3 and 3.5.

if i'm mistaken please correct me.

i will know only next time i will install a new computer (i hope it wont be soon)

but according to this: "and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 1"

it seems to include only sp1 of 2 and 3 so i do need to install 2 and 3 themselves

and this sentence: "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0"

is not so understandable to me

All you need to have all frameworks and updates to them is .net 1.1, 1.1 sp1, and .net framework 3.5.

3.5 contains 2 sp1 and 3 sp1 as well as 3.5. I made a all in one pack on ryanvm's forum if you want it.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5657

Hope this clears it up for you. :rolleyes:

Edited by jd976

All you need to have all frameworks and updates to them is .net 1.1, 1.1 sp1, and .net framework 3.5.

3.5 contains 2 sp1 and 3 sp1 as well as 3.5. I made a all in one pack on ryanvm's forum if you want it.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5657

Hope this clears it up for you. :rolleyes:

im mayb slow so bear with me :)

u said: "All you need to have all frameworks and updates to them is .net 1.1, 1.1 sp1, and .net framework 3.5."

but then u said: "3.5 contains 2 sp1 and 3 sp1"

3.5 contains 2sp1 and 3sp1, but does it contain 2 and 3 (without their sp) ?

hi,

Netfx 2 sp1 is netfx 2 as well as all updates to this point included with it, and same with 3 sp1.

Sp1 just means all updates to this point added to the original netfx 2 or 3 basically.

1.1 was different because there was netfx 1.1 and an update 1.1 sp1.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that you somehow rich the agreement which New Framework is really needed, but I still have a question.

I saw that there is Net Framework 1.1 SP2 and SP3 and the same applys for Net Framework 2.0 so what is the story

with them? Do we need them or not since no one even mentioned those releases?

I see that you somehow rich the agreement which New Framework is really needed, but I still have a question.

I saw that there is Net Framework 1.1 SP2 and SP3 and the same applys for Net Framework 2.0 so what is the story

with them? Do we need them or not since no one even mentioned those releases?

Plenty of topics about this already. Don't people ever bother searching? :rolleyes:

Anyway, in short, Microsoft .NET Framework is a platform which is required by certain applications. If you don't use any applications which require Microsoft .NET Framework, there is no need to install any version of it. If you use an application which requires Microsoft .NET Framework 1, install the latest release of it. Microsoft .NET Framework 2 does not include version 1. Microsoft .NET Framework 3 requires version 2 to be installed, but the installer for version 3 includes version 2, so if you don't have version 2 installed, version 3 will install version 2 for you as well. Microsoft .NET Framework 3 also does not include version 1. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 requires version 3, so it will install version 2 for you, followed by version 3, followed by version 3.5. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 does not include version 1 either, therefore if you want all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework to be installed, install version 1 and 3.5.

The easiest way of installing all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework is in my humble opinion to download RogueSpear's silent installer packages. Install version 1 and 2 via SVCPACK.INF first, afterwhich you can install any of the applications which rely on these via SVCPACK.INF as well. You can then install the "Lite" version of version 3.5 via RunOnceEx, followed by any applications which relies on it.