Media Player in XP x86

doobleshaft

Hi all,

This is proving great fun. :-( I rebuilt a PC using a NLite OS 1.4 prepared CD. Everything went brilliantly until I tried to view a video file which should have worked in Media Player 9. I found that Media Player was missing but can't remember if this is my fault or not so I tried to install it. Neither Media player version supported e.g. 10 or 11 will install!

I get the same error every time not matter what version or how I try to install it:-

"This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft web site."

This is a nonsense message as I have downloaded compatible versions and it still won't work.

Might have to try yet another in place re-install from the original XP SP2 disc just to fix this. :angry:

Any ideas???

I found that Media Player was missing but can't remember if this is my fault or not

nLite removes components from XP, this is the purpose of the program. For some, it is well known they cannot be reinstalled after XP setup so you beter remove only things you are never gonna use. Check the last "sesion.ini" file on the CD you made to see if you removed WMP.

+There is a nLite forum section.

If you've removed the WMP components via nLite from your installation source, you cannot install WMP afterwards anymore. You will need to rebuild your installation source and not remove the required components to solve this issue. I don't use nLite for these kinds of things myself, as I like to be in control of my unattended installation project. I prefer the use of HFSLIP, which gives me more control.