Four things I want to change in Aero.

bizzybody

The main thing I don't like about Windows Explorer in Vista's Aero Glass theme is the nearly invisible highlight color. (What useability "expert" approved that?!)

Is there some way to change it to an XP classic style dark blue with white text?

Second thing is replacing those Macintosh ripoff triangles back to Windows boxed + signs, and make them stay visible all the time.

Third thing is that bloody annoying auto-scrolling. I want my scrollbars back on the left pane.

Fourth thing. WTH have all the buttons gone? Search? Delete? Map Network Drive? Why did MS remove such useful things? (Perhaps it's part of the campaign to make Mac users feel more comfortable? Can't give them too many things related to a specific window actually ON the window! Might scare them away!)

The rest of Aero Glass I'm warming up to. I dunno why, normally things in a GUI that are there for the "Oooohhh! Pretty!" effect I find distracting and pointless frippery. The OS X GUI still makes me cringe, I just can't get used to it at all. I tried Window Blinds on my old Macs and always went back to the plain, original default theme.

My new laptop came with Vista Home Basic, which I wiped and installed Vista Ultimate. (Using vLite to kill Windows Defender and other junk.) When the performance test enabled Aero Glass, and I was poking around for switching it to Classic style, I started thinking, "Hmmm, this isn't so bad... except for these four really dumb things Microsoft did to Explorer!".

May I ask why you choose Vista anyway?

First, you ripped out some features exclusive for Ultimate and second you disturb yourself on Aero?

Do you use a x64 cpu like a Core 2 Duo or AMD64 ?

Is the preview program of Windows X64 not a thought of?

You can download Windows X64 for free at Microsoft for a evaluation of 120 days. In this time you can test it and play with it. I've Vista legally at home, but I'm now at day 43 of 120 in Windows X64 and I've never seen such a good and stable Windows and very, very fast!

Just a thought of...no offense anyway