vista diffrences

goofee691

would it be possible to use a vista ultimate oem dvd with a vista home premium oem key to get home edition?

since that is the only thing i can seem to find since hp does not ship a real vista dvd with their laptops but a dvd that they have altered

would it be possible to use a vista ultimate oem dvd with a vista home premium oem key to get home edition?

since that is the only thing i can seem to find since hp does not ship a real vista dvd with their laptops but a dvd that they have altered

It should work just fine. As far as I know all vista dvd's ship with every version on them, but which version gets installed is determined by the cd key. Things get a little more complicated if you try to switch from 32bit to 64bit as only a few versions of vista ship with both on the dvd.

the WIM file in any DVD should conatin all the versions on Vista (minus enterprise) what version you get depends on what CD key you use, but warned any intergrated drivers that HP had on their CD will not be on the vanilla Vista DVD, so you will have to install them manually.