Stuck Pixel?

tim_ver

I just got a new lcd panel and when I frist turn it on and boot up my pc I see a blue dot on the screen. But by the time the system boots up about a minute It goes away. Then when I reboot again (Restart) I see nothing but if I power down for a few hours then start the system back up it is there again.

Is this a stuck pixel?? How do I fix this if it is?

Thanks

Is this a stuck pixel?? How do I fix this if it is?
It is called a dead pixel

If it is new, take it back and exchange it...

If it isn't so new, you pretty much have to live with it, most manufacturers will not RMA a monitor unless is has 8 or more dead pixels.

Good Luck

It is called a dead pixel
No, what he has is a stuck pixel (the blue sub-pixel is stuck on). Dead pixels are completely different. If it were a dead pixel, it wouldn't go away after a few minutes.

tim_ver, you can find some "stuck pixel fixer" programs with a quick google search. One such is JScreenFix.

Yeah, I ended up opening Task Manager and killing the "javaw.exe" process after I hit Esc. So it's a little buggy...it should still do the job.

JScreenFix used to be available as a .jar download as well (I still have it, but I'm not going to redistribute it since the author has taken it off of his site). It works a bit differently (it uses patterns instead of full screen color changes), but the end effect is still the same.

Ok thanks, I run it from the website online and it runs full screen like you said. But I had it run for an hour and 20mins last night and then today in the AM when I turned on the monitor it was there still the tiny blue dot. When I booted the pc it went away in about 10 seconds so kinda seems to vanish quicker but it is still there. arghhh :(

Shoul I run Jscreenfix again but for say 3 hours, or try something else???

Thanks